Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Danny

Default Triumph or Conquest?

My wife & I are planning a 7 day cruise in May to the Western Caribbean. We are trying to decide between the Carnival Ships Conquest & Triumph. Which is preferred for first time cruisers? Also the only differences in itinerary is Montego Bay on Conquest and Ocho Rios on Triumph. Not sure which of these ports is better. We would love some insight from veteran cruisers..
Thanks Danny
Sponsored Links
Old January 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Triumph or Conquest?

I would definatly preferre you to go on the Triumph for your first cruise. It's not to big, It's not too small, but it's basicully perfect! They have awesome food, good service, and the night life is great. I didn't like the Conquest too much because for one, it's way too huge and yes you will get lost, there are big crowded areas and sometimes you get the cold leftovers at the buffet lunches so you would have to make it up there early, and the Conquest isnt the cleanest ship you've ever seen, trust me!
Old January 13th, 2004, 10:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Triumph or Conquest?

I found the Conquest to be very clean. I don't think we missed seeing it all. We will go on this same cruise next time out.

Old January 13th, 2004, 10:39 AM
Boston6

Default Re: Triumph or Conquest?

Conquest and Triumph are basically the same design. Conquest has an extra 60' section added to it. Layout etc. are basically the same.