Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 13th, 2004, 11:00 PM
First Mate

Default Re: should we cruise even though we broke up

How much time do you spend in your cabin? Most of your time will be spent elsewhere...unless, of course, you do make up.
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Admiral

You know, if he goes and you go and you both share the same cabin it may not be a lot of fun in the cabin. So what? Be civil to each other, and avoid going to the cabin unless it's for sleeping or showering. Heck, I can room with my worst enemy for a week if it means I can cruise.

Ask him why he took the documents? You can still board without them and if you explain the situation to the purser after you've boarded, you might get assigned to a cabin by yourself.

Good luck.

Regards,
Thomas
Old January 14th, 2004, 12:33 PM
Passenger

Jeni,

I say, GO ON THE CRUISE. I know from experience that it takes two to fight; but it sounds like you are ready to put whatever it is behind you. It sounds like he is not able to do the same. If he does show up at the airport, play it cool and let him "set the stage" so to speak. If it looks like he wants to make up, great. If not, it's his loss and you are too good for him! As stated above I would then have as little contact with him and show him that the world (your world) does not revolve around him. Don't forget to change your dining table assignment!

Please let us know what happens!

Happy cruising,
Gayle
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Jeni

Default Re: Re: should we cruise even though we broke up

I have to say the support and suggestions from you guys is overwhelming. THANK YOU!!! Update... he moved his stuff out yesterday afternoon. We had a quick but civil conversation. I asked him about the documents and he said he didnt have them. Well OK, not that I believe that but it doesnt matter. Its a trivial thing to fight over. I asked him about Saturday and he said he would be there. He seemed a lot calmer. Not as angry i guess but then he is the type that even if he does realize he over reacted, he wont no matter what admit it. So i believe he will be there on saturday. I did some theraputic shopping yesterday, 6 pairs of shoes, two skirts, jeans, 3 shirts, sunglasses, necklace, and a hat. Regardless, i am going to look GREAT!!!!!
Old January 14th, 2004, 01:59 PM
SLS

That's the spirit! Just look and feel great, that's the best revenge!

sls
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Jeni

Who knows if he wants to go.... most likely i will end up going alone. Anyone wanna hang out???
Old January 14th, 2004, 05:41 PM
paulras

Wow - that was the exact same situation that happened to me. We broke up about 1 month before going on the Ecstacy. Fortunately, we were going with some of my friends and some of his friends in 3 or 4 cabins. So, even though we had to share a cabin, we didn't have to do everything together.

We dined as a large group (as planned) and it was disaster. There was no way to prevent us from bringing things up about the break-up at every meal. Our friends hated it.

But good news - we wound up getting together shortly after the cruise to talk about how horrible we treated each other and started a reconciliation. Within a few months were were officially back together. We just celebrated our 10 year anniversary on the Celebrity Constellation.

If we had only booked the two of us for the cruise, I would have definitely cancelled or found a replacement companion. But there were friends on both sides involved.

I agree that it really depends on how bad the break-up was. Remember, if it's just the two of you on the cruise, it's going to be harder since you're always with them. Plus there's going to be friction if one of you meets someone else onboard.

Good luck
Old January 14th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Passenger

Yes come anyways!
It will be great!
The weather forcast is HOT!!
And muggy it appears.