Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2004, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Default "Proper Attire" Female Teen and Older Child

We have 2 girls one 14.5 and one 11. Please give me some idea of what clothes are appropriate in Dining Room. Can my 14.5 year old wear her long homecoming dress or is that too dressy for formal night. Can she wear a jean skirt, very dark not faded black jeans along with her regular black, navy and tan pants.

My younger daughter has capris and long pants for non-formal dinners. How formal does she need to get for formal nights. She is past that frilly dress stage.

Thanks for all your help!

Sponsored Links
Old January 13th, 2004, 06:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: "Proper Attire" Female Teen and Older Child

Yes to your first two questions, I've seen lots of teens in prom type dresses. The ship seems easier going with the younger ones. I suspect they understand how hard it is to get a 10 year old to dress up.
Bon Voyage!
Kevin

Old January 13th, 2004, 07:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

My daughter is 14 and so not a girl. She doesn't wear dresses at all. On the non-formal nights, we all wore pants or jeans and a decent top. On the formal nights, she wore black dress pants and a nice top. She wasn't as dressed as some people, but she was more dressed than others.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old January 14th, 2004, 12:12 PM
mb39

The girls will be just fine......my daugther felt under dresses at christmas on the Legend by if I had told her she was wear a prom dress she would have fainted!.....