Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 17th, 2004, 04:05 PM
Darla Morgan

Default Sensation in August, assure me

We are going to be cruising on the Sensation in August and I would love to hear from recent cruisers about this boat. We have never cruised before and wanted to try it. It will be hubby, myself, a 12 year old girl and a 7 year old boy.
Will we have a good time? Do they really have good kids programs?
Is the boat in good shape?
My daughter also wants to know if crab legs are available. She can eat several plates....
Sponsored Links
Old January 17th, 2004, 07:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Sensation in August, assure me

Have you checked ship reviews on this site? You can find lots of reviews on the Sensation. We are talking about cruising the Sensation in late August, as well.

Good luck!

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old January 17th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Passenger

Sorry to say but Sensation would not be my choice again. We did a 5 day for New Years and were a little disappointed with service and cleanliness. We had a good time but thought overall the ship was a little dirty. The food choices for lunch on the Lido deck were boring to say the least. We splurged for a suite and it was horrible, dirty and things breaking all the time eg. plumbing, lights doors. I hope you have a better experiewnce then we did. As far as we are concerned I would not to Carnival again. Nancy
Old January 18th, 2004, 05:22 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Sensation in August, assure me

Sensation was our first cruise and we loved it. The ship is a little over ten years old, but we found it well maintained and the crew contagiously happy at all times. GC and Cozumel are great ports. IMO, this cruise is the best value around and the perfect first time experience. I don't recall any crab legs, but we had lobster, languistino, prawns, and escargot. (Let's see her eat two plates of those) You'll have the time of your life. Oh, and seriously tell her to try the goats cheese pizza. It's out of this world.

Old January 18th, 2004, 06:26 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to Bo

It's like talking to someone about a movie . It just depends on who you ask. If you want to have a good time and decide not to look for things that are wrong you'll have a ball. There is no such thing as a perfect vacation but I can guarantee you there are LOTS of people who ALWAYS find something wrong even with the best of trips. It's the "Is the glass half full or half empty thing." Relax, count down the days, and enjoy the cruise.
Old January 18th, 2004, 07:09 AM
Admiral

Sensation was my first cruise ship last February. I still miss being aboard her. She even managed to hook my ertshile seasick wife on the idea of cruising. You'll have a great time.

And if you see a phantom on the starboard Lido fantail with a silly, contented grin on his face, that's the part of me I left aboard her. I spent a lot of happy hours out there during the all too brief five days.

And since it's your first cruise, you must watch the sail away from the forward observation deck. Go behind either the main pool Patio bar, or the snack bar on the Lido deck. Go through the door and walk all the way forward. Go up the stairs. You'll be standing directly over the bridge and have almost exactly the same view as the bridge officers.

Bon Voyage.

Steve

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03
Inspiration 3/04
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 to Hawaii, Where God left his fingerprints, in memory of Margaret.
Sensation 03/07
Carnival Freedom (March 08)
\X\Mercury (January 09)