Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2004, 07:42 PM
Passenger

Default Airport to Port of Miami Transportation Info

If you're getting there a day early, I've done some investigating on the transportation to Port of Miami from either airport. Avis car rental is the only company that has a drop off site at the Port. I've checked and you have to make your reservation by phone and tell them you want to pick-up at the airport (Ft. Laud or MIA) and drop off at the Port of Miami (MIO) and they will set it up. You can reserve all types of vehicles, if you have a coupon for an upgrade you can use it. I upgraded from a compact to an itermediate for less than $40.00. We are traveling 4 people and this seems to be fairly reasonable.

Richard
Sponsored Links
Old January 19th, 2004, 05:25 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Airport to Port of Miami Transportation Info

I agree, I am cruising in June and we are getting a car for the day when we get back, Avis seems to be the best bet due to the fact they shuttle you to the terminal. Seems any other way you would have to get to the rental site by taxi.

Michele

Fascination
Old January 21st, 2004, 06:31 PM
Darla

Default Re: Airport to Port of Miami Transportation Info

I rented my car from enterprise and you can drop it at the port of Miami also