CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   mexican riviera (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/194188-mexican-riviera.html)

D.J. January 19th, 2004 12:41 PM

mexican riviera

Going on the pride March 6th, Anything fun to do in the ports? how are the beaches? How is the ship?

Harry Martin January 19th, 2004 06:25 PM

Re: mexican riviera

DJ ... Michelle posted a review and she loved it ... we are there in 13 days or so. Look at my Spirit review and photos under the gallery for more (it's a sister ship)

Harry

BrwnEyedGirl January 20th, 2004 03:32 PM

We had a great time on the Pride in Oct. What a great ship. We took a taxi up to the 'Predator site' in Puerto Vallarta, did the 'Stone Island' tour in Mazatlan and took a water taxi to the beach in Cabo. All places have always seemed great to us.
Hope you have a great cruise!!

Tim Tucker January 20th, 2004 03:51 PM

Just got off the pride 2 days ago Jan 18. The service is great wish I would have used the room service more. They serve all meals through room service we had a great balcony room. We had two rainy days in port Puerto vallarta, and Mazatlan Cabo was Beutiful. WE found great prices on board and in Mexico on Jewelry Diomonds, Stones opals, Pearls, Emeralds, Tanzanite. Great buys

Harry Martin January 21st, 2004 08:46 PM

DJ .. can you say thanks for this great input?

Harry

NicoleM January 22nd, 2004 01:22 AM

Tim-

You said that it was raining? I leave on the Pride this Sunday, so I was just wondering if T-shirts were OK for the ports or should I stick to long sleeves?? Was it still warm enough? I just want to make sure I am packing the right stuff.
Thanks
Nicole

D.J. January 22nd, 2004 08:13 AM

Re: Re: mexican riviera

Harry,
Thanks, your input was thoughtful, Let me know how it was when you get back. Thanks again, I hope youe cruise will be great, be carfull and take a bunch of pictures.

Harry Martin January 22nd, 2004 11:35 AM

Will do -- you got it!

Harry

Breezy January 22nd, 2004 08:52 PM

I was wondering what people thought of the Stone Island cruise? Did you go with King David? How was the beach? Food? Drinks? We're cruising on the Pride on 2/29/04, and I'm hoping to get more info on this tour. Thanks so much!

Harry Martin January 22nd, 2004 09:39 PM

Breez .. never heard of it on the West Coast

Harry

Breezy January 22nd, 2004 09:44 PM

It's in Mazatlan. Similar to the Carnival excursion that takes you out to Stone Island. I've heard some mixed reviews about the island, and was hoping for some feedback. They offer horseback riding and other activities.

Harry Martin January 22nd, 2004 09:52 PM

Breezy, many people rave about ... golly what's her name "happy horses" in Mazatlan for a beach riding outing.

Harry

mrs. waterbum January 23rd, 2004 07:48 PM

Hay, thanks for replying. I little message goes a long ways.
Thanks, mrs waterbums ( green eyed guy)

vikki January 23rd, 2004 09:19 PM

We are on the Pride March 7th and have made a reservations with Randi (Happy Horses) even though horses and my husband has a love-hate relationship,(he loves animals, but has a fear of these beaufitul beasts!) he has agreed to go because of all of the great things we have read about Randi and her horses!!! I think he has agreed because of the great Shrimp we have heard about about that you can get at Victor's at the end of the ride!!! Win Win situation!!! Cannot wait to meet Randi, she really gets great reviews.

Vikki

candi February 13th, 2004 02:24 PM

Re: Re: Re: mexican riviera

Breezy, You might want to check out Randi's Happy Horses. It is wonderful. We went last year and are going this year too. We are also on the 2/29/04 sailing.

Candi

Harry Martin February 14th, 2004 02:41 AM

By the way, folks, the photos are up ... just look in the gallery.

By the way, can make a hearty recommendation for city and country tours in mazatlan with Frank, www.mazatlan-tours.com

Harry

vette February 15th, 2004 08:42 AM

We did the Tequila Factory Tour in Puerto Vallarta. We had a blast. Our group of 36 took over the whole bus. It stops in two "factorys" and samples are plentiful. Make sure you buy a margarita at the second stop. They are real fruity and come in a great clay cup.

I also did Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. We were sitting drinking our servesas waiting for our food at the end of the ride, when an older gentleman walked up to Victors carrying a great big fish. Voila, fresh fish for lunch! Boy, was it great!!!!!

In Cabo it was cold, so we just found a great little ocean side restaurant called the Amazon. We sat and has margaritas and food and just enjoyed the heck out of a cool cloudy day.

All I can say is just make sure you get out and do something.

Vette