Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2004, 07:52 PM
freespirit

Default Sensation Jan. 10th 2004

Well, we sailed on the Sensation on Jan. 10th to the Grand Caymans and Cozumel Mexico...this was our 2nd cruise, 1st was with Princess and was absolutely great! We had a great time in Cozumel, but the crew members on the ship were absolutely aweful!!

I think we had maybe 2-3 "friendly" encounters the entire time 5 days. Even when you told someone thank you or made a friendly gesture towards them, they gave you a blank look but never smiled.

Oh, on the "plus" side, if you can call it that, on the LAST day, the crew was very friendly...could it be they wanted to make sure they received their tips????

Anyway, we will never sail with Carnival again, but are cruising with Holland in Feb. 2005 to Hawaii...I'll let you know how that goes!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sensation Jan. 10th 2004

I totally agree with you we sailed sensation new years eve cruise it was awful. We did Princess in April and it coiuldn't have been better it was class all the way. NEVER ever will we do carnival. I just sent them a letter telling them that our room was dirty plumbing was broken, as were cabinet doors in room. By the way we treated ourselves to a suite what a waste of money. Oh well at least we know not to do Carnival again. Hope you enjoy your next cruise I am sure you will. Cheers Nancy
Old January 21st, 2004, 06:37 AM
Dee Willson

Default Re: Re: Sensation Jan. 10th 2004

You will need to be carefull on your ship selections from what I have heard. On the Sensation this last week I heard that Carnival really ownes about 7 different cruise lines and no does not change the name just the "rules". More indepth research before booking will be required in the future. Good luck.
Old January 21st, 2004, 07:49 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Sensation Jan. 10th 2004

Not sure I understand your post Dee, but I'm wondering....

How can folks decide to NEVER cruise again on a cruiseline based on one bad experience? There are soooo many different ships in the Carnival line. How does one bad experience, aboard one ship make the whole line bad?

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old January 21st, 2004, 09:26 AM
Dee Willson

Default Re: Re: Sensation Jan. 10th 2004

Let me try and clear up my post. There was at one time a great number of choices for cruise lines and choices of ship within these cruise lines. The choices are getting smaller due to cruise lines being bought by bigger cruise lines. It is kind of like the "Wal-Mart thing". As Wal-Mart gets bigger and builds more stores smaller stores are closing (can not compete) or bought out. This reduces your options of where to shop. As your options shrink and the big boys become bigger they can limit your choices of products and also provide less service to the customer. As the customer you have no where else to shop, so you have to take what the companies give. Ever call customer service for some of the big companies? You are on hold forever and when they do answer many do not provide positive responses to the customer. If Carnival (whoever) buys or takeover all ship lines, establishes Carnival POLICY, then you have one line that can pretty much do as they please. What I heard on the cruise last week brings this takeover plan closer to realization.

You say that one should not base future choices on 1 bad experience, I say sure you can. Ever eat at a Long Johns Seafood place? Once is all it takes and you know you will never walk into another one. I believe that one bad and ruin it for the rest.

I hope this clears it up a little.