Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 21st, 2004, 11:30 PM
First Mate

Default public transportation to miami

I was wondering if anyone has taken Miami's extensive train/bus public transportation options from the FL airport to the port of Miami? I was looking online and it looks like you could get there for $4 each way! And it only takes an hour. I guess you'd have to be comfortable taking public transp. and not have too much luggage....

Anyone out there brave that adventure? How did it go?

Waters
Sponsored Links
Old January 22nd, 2004, 07:32 AM
SLICK

Default Re: public transportation to miami

The train does not leave from the Fort Lauderdale Airport. The train station is about 2 miles west of the airport. You would have to get transportation from the airport to the train station. The train also does not go anywhere near the port of Miami. I guess you would go to the Miami airport and then get transportation to the port. It will probably be a lot more than $4.00 for the trip and will most likely take more than 1 hour. I think you would be better off to with a shuttle service which would take you directly from the Fort Lauderdale airport to the port of Miami or just fly into Miami.
Old January 22nd, 2004, 12:21 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: public transportation to miami

They have free shuttles that take you from the airport to the nearby train station. Then you take a $2 ride on that Tri-Rail train to the transfer metrorail station and switch to the metrorail (transfers are free from the train). The metrorail takes you right to downtown Miami at which point you switch to the Seaport line which drops you off at the Port. The whole trip really might take a little over an hour, but the direct shuttles take about 45 from what I've heard.

See, it sounds like alot of switching and all of that, but it also sounds kinda fun. My boyfriend and I love to make our way around (sucessfully) in new places using public transportation and we've done well so far doing this.

I just wondered if anyone has done it and, as it usually turns out, can say that it was effortless, efficient, and inexpensive at the same time!

Thanx,
Waters