Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2004, 08:50 PM
Carmine

Default Dining alone or with the group?

would you cruiser experts prefer eating with a large group, or dining with your partner? Having a hard time deciding on that one.
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:15 PM
Bob S

Default Re: Dining alone or with the group?

I would start with the group and see what the people are like. You can always change but if they are great people [like I had on my last trip] it would be your loss.
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Dr Jon

Carmine,
If it is a romantic cruise a table for two is the way to go!
Good Sailing, Dr Jon
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:35 AM
Passenger

We prefer meeting people, it is a nice way to get to know folks and we've gone on excursions with table people before. The last two trips we were seated alone and were kinda bummed by it.
Kevin

Old January 28th, 2004, 06:52 AM
evie

Default Re: Re: Dining alone or with the group?

My spouse and I enjoy eating at a table for two. We do enjoy meeting people and are not anti-social. But when it comes to our dinner we would like a nice relaxed meal with each other.
Old January 28th, 2004, 09:21 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Dining alone or with the group?

We've had three entirely different expereinces...

1) RCL Alaska... two of us were seated at a table with a family of 10 from China, only one spoke broken English.. was a bummer, so we asked to be moved to a table of someone we met who had two empty seats, and we loved it.. made great friends with poeple from Australia, and the US

2) NCL Majesty.. Took my daughter as well. Because of Freestyle Cruising, we had no assigned table... would have been ok, but they consistantly sat us at small tables by ourselves.. go to meet almost no one...hated it.

3) Carnival Inspiration... took both teenage kids, sat at a table with another family with 4 adults... made friends, had a great time and looked forward to mealtime to share experiences along with the food. Plus, Carnival also puts people together with new people at lunch and breakfast, and met even more.. great expereince.

In short, the cruise is to be experienced, as are the people... sit at a big table, and have fun!

RCL Legend of the Seas July 1999 Alaska
NCL Majesty Feb 2003 W Carr.

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Admiral

My husband and I once sat with just one other couple, which was okay, but there are never any guarantees that you are going to get along famously or be continously entertained by each other thru the entire cruise.

Our last cruise we sat at a large table with 4 other couples and enjoyed it immensely! Nice to learn about other people and keep in touch afterwards. From now on, we will ask for a large table...

Happy cruising!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Believe it or not my wife and I really are not all that outgoing but we always ask for the largest table. You get to meet some wonderful people that way and some will become great friends who you will keep in contact with and maybe even sail with again someday!
Jim

Old January 28th, 2004, 12:44 PM
Captain

We always ask for a table of 6 or 8 people. With that many we get to know the other people better and if there is someone that you really don't hit it off with there are others to talk with. We may have been fortunate but we have never had people at the table that we cared to get away from.
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

For us its a large table. Its always interesting to meet new cruisers and share your days expierences with them. We've been very lucky and always had great tablemates.

Message Boards Moderator
Old January 29th, 2004, 04:34 PM
DLK

My husband and I hope to be at a larger table for most of the cruise, but as one of the days is our anniversery, can we request a table for two for the 1 particular nighr?