Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 28th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Passenger

Default getting from houston intl aiport to carnival in galveston 2/

I am leaving on the carnival elation from galveston on feb 2nd and arrive feb 1st in houston, what are my options for getting to galveston any ideas?

thanks

Devan
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:03 PM
Lynda

Default Re: getting from houston intl aiport to carnival in galvesto

Check w/ Carnival for a shuttle service. Houston Int. is very far from Galveston at least 1:30 to 2 hours. You could hire a limo or taxi but that will be very expensive. You could try taking a cab to Greenspoint Mall (closest big place to get the bus) . From there you could try metro (bus) system. I'm not sure if they go all the way to Galveston. I do think you can get as far as Clear Lake on Metro. It might be worth it to avoid the hassle and rent a car. Problem will be finding a car w/ Super Bowl in town. Good Luck!
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Beginner

Make sure you have the correct dates. I am under the impression that the Elation sails on Sunday Feb. 1.
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:38 PM
Tuscani

I would definantly check your dates. I saw on your other post that you said the 2nd. I hope your airline tickets are the right date. If they're not...wink, wink, I know someone who could use your upgrade.

Elation 020104
Holiday 103102
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:45 PM
Cruise Maniac

Take the Galveston Limousine. It is $35.00 one way or $60.00 round trip. I just called them to find out about the cost and schedule. They leave every hour to hour and a half depending the time of day. Call them to tell them your arrival time and terminal so they will be sure to stop to pick you up. Their number is 1-800-640-4826. Have fun!
Josette

Norwegian Sea

Yankee Clipper Windjammer 1978
Celebration 01/04
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:59 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: getting from houston intl aiport to carnival in galv

I just read the other suggestions. You cannot board a Metro bus with luggage, so that's out. If you arrive the day before, and need a hotel, be sure to make prior arrangements. It is Superbowl weekend and rooms are booked, even in Galveston. You do want to get to Galveston, the same day you arrive, though, because the transportation will be free from your hotel, in Galveston, to the port. Otherwise, you will pay twice. Once to the hotel in Houston, if you can find a room. Again when you ride to Galveston.

If your dates are indeed wrong and you are arriving on the same day as your cruise, then, there is a nice Carnival Agent, possibly Faye who can provide transportation to the ship on a big bus. I don't know how much it cost but you should prearrange. Hope this helps.

How do I know this, I work at IAH.

Norwegian Sea

Celebration 01/04
Old January 28th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Passenger

Thank you all!
I arranged for a towncar to take us from IAH to the hotel in galveston... on the 31st.. i just typed in the wrong dates... duh... yay, all of your suggestions were wonderful!
sounds like this is going to be a fun trip!

Devan
Old January 28th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

How much is the Towncar? How many in your party?

Norwegian Sea

Celebration 01/04
Old January 29th, 2004, 07:23 PM
Lynda

Hey if you need a fun restaurant in Galveston go to the Rainforest Cafe. The food is OK but the place is way cool. Jungle atmosphere complete w/ apes, rainfalls, volcanoes and even a ride through the Amazon. My DD who is 9 loved it. Other wise there are plenty of seafood restaurants at the pier.
Old January 29th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: getting from houston intl aiport to carnival in

The towncar is from all texas transportation there are three of us and the gave us a rate of somewhere arround 100 dollars, not bad to avoid more hassle...

counting down the hours...

Devan