Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 04:56 PM
Colette

Default Help! Unscheduled Overnight in Tampa

Help! Our flight just got changed. We will now arrive in Tampa the night before and need an inexpensive hotel. Are there any hotels in Tampa where you can do a pre-check in with Carnival to avoid some of the lines the morning of the cruise? Any suggestions where to stay and/or where to find a good rate? Appreciate it in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2004, 05:25 PM
L.C.

Default Re: Help! Unscheduled Overnight in Tampa

I lived in Tampa a year ago. You can try the Days Inn on Dale Mabry. That's were everybody stays when the Bucanneers played and it's close to the airport and restraunts. There are alot of cheap hotels around Tampa and close to the port. I guess you would have to check and see what they have to offer.
Old January 29th, 2004, 06:08 PM
Tuscani

I don't much about Tamp. I'm leaving out of Galvseton. Galveston has their own web site for tourism. I went there to find hotel info. I would suggest trying this w/ Tampa too as the hotels also deals where they will transport you to the terminal for free.

Good luck.

Elation 020104
Holiday 103102
Old January 30th, 2004, 07:36 AM
Jaunitta

Default Re: Re: Help! Unscheduled Overnight in Tampa

Try going to Priceline. In that site you put the location you are looking for a room and other requirements, then you make an offer and see who accepts the offer, if none come in you just up the bidding until someone accepts it. We were able to get a suite in Tampa at Homestead Suites for $41.00, it usually goes for anywhere from $150-$175. It may take you a couple of days to do this, but it was worth it. Good luck and have fun.
Old January 31st, 2004, 09:06 AM
Alice

I would also recommend Priceline. We used it for our overnight Miami stay last July and it worked out great. Would suggest checking out www.Biddingfortravel.com first. It gives you a good idea of what you may get for a hotel.

We have used Priceline twice now and been happy both times.

Have fun - Alice