Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Freakynorm

Default Independant excursion tours

We just booked a cruise on the Carnival Inspiration from Oct. 17th though Oct 24th. Here's the itinerary...

TAMPA, FLORIDA; GEORGETOWN, GRAND CAYMAN; COSTA MAYA, MEXICO;
COZUMEL, MEXICO; BELIZE CITY, BELIZE; TAMPA, FLORIDA

I had read some reviews and a lot of them mentioned using the independant excursion tours to save cash and for a more relaxed setting since there aren't as many people in your group vs. the ones offered by Carnival.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which companies to use? Or websites I should check out? So far the only one I found was www.captainmarvins.com for the stingray tour in Grand Cayman.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Norm
Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2004, 10:55 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Independant excursion tours

Try belizecruiseexcursions we are taking the cave tubing excursion from them captain marvins sting ray excursion dolphindiscovery dolphin swim in cozumel these are all .com so hope this helps.Have a blast we leave on sun on the inspiration MY 1ST cant wait.
Old January 29th, 2004, 11:57 PM
Freakynorm

Thanks for the tip. This will be our first, hope you enjoy yours!
Old January 30th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Sooshie

We used Reggies tours in Belize for cave tubing..there were only 11 people in our group and we were back at the tender pickup in plenty of time to have a look around, a few drinks and shop before tendering back to the ship. Reggie was great!

We also went off on our own in Cozumel to a beach club called Nachi Cocom. We had a great time there. Away from all the cruise crowds, watersports, food, drinks, pool with a swim up bar and jacuzzi. The best part was there was no admission fee...you just paid for whatever it was you wanted to do. If you want pics or a copy of their brochure, just email me and I'll send you some.

Susan
Sooshie1@comcast.net

Susan
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:48 AM
ShannonR

I'm leaving on the Inspiration in just 5 more days!!! CANT WAIT. Its my first cruise but from this message board and a bunch of other reviews of our ship we decided to book independantly. We used NativeWay for the Stingray trip in Grand Cayman, if you do a yahoo search for the company you will find it just be prepared to scroll thru a few cookbook sites. We also booked the Belize cave tubing thru X-stream cave tubing. Both tours were way cheaper then Carnival and they had been recomended highly. We wanted to swim with the dolphins in Cozumel but the trip was booked, if that is one of your interest go to DolphinDiscovery.com. Their Royal swim is the same price as Carnivals encounter. The difference being with the royal swim your in the water with the dolphins and they do tricks with you!! Like being in the tank for the dolphin show at the zoo, every little kids dream! The encounter puts you on a platform knee deep in the water and you can pet the dolphins. We are very dissapointed that this excursion was booked so if your interested BOOK EARLY!
COUNT DOWN TO INSPIRATION
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Cruisingrandma

You will love the Inspiration. We did.... have a great cruise.....
Old February 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM
cantw82cruz

Default Re: Re: Independant excursion tours

We just came back from cruising Conquest and we went with Sotos Cruises for the stingray tour in Grand Cayman. Price was $24 and we did three snorkeling stops. Our guides were very helpful and lots of fun. They brought up a moray eel for us to see and tried to coax a nurse shark out for us. The stingrays were just fantastic, it's a must to do this tour at least once.