Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2004, 10:42 AM
First Mate

Default BUYING BATHINGSUITS IN TAMPA?!

Hello again everyone. We leave in 2 weeks for the Western Caribbean. Problem... we live in Maine so the bathing suits that are out right now are pretty gross. Last years left overs and we need new ones. We will be staying at the Radisson in Tampa for a couple of days before we set sail. Are they plenty of shops to get bathingsuits without paying an arm and a leg for one?
Sponsored Links
Old February 1st, 2004, 11:41 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: BUYING BATHINGSUITS IN TAMPA?!

Bonnie,
I haven't been to Tampa for a cruise, but I would think if you took a taxi you could go to a Wal-mart or something like that. I would think there may be some boutiques but I am also thinking they would be pricey. I would plan on taking a taxi to a mall or something to get a suit. I am thinking of doing that in San Juan when we go, since here it is snowing and swim suit weathe is about 5 months away! Have a good time.

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old February 1st, 2004, 11:45 AM
L.C.

The best place I found to get a swim suits in Tampa is at a store Called "Burdines". They have a great hugh selection and pretty reasonable.( Depending how much you want to spend) Target is also a good place. Go to The" Westshore Mall" or The "Brandon Mall" avoid The "International Mall." by the Tampa Airport. It's a nice mall but a Tourist trap and very exspensive. The West Shore and Brandon Mall oh and "The Citrus Park Mall," all have a Burdines, J.C. Penneys and Sears as well. Good Luck!
Old February 1st, 2004, 12:38 PM
TinaJ

Bonnie I understand completely. I'm in ME too and need a suit plus other summer wear for our April cruise. I'm going to order my suit online from Land's End, it's a little more money, but worth the hassle to get something new. Where in ME are you?
TinaJ
Old February 1st, 2004, 01:21 PM
Admiral

Another good place to pick up swimsuits is off JcPenney.com. I buy alot of stuff off their website. Since you're leaving so soon then it may not get to you in time.
Take a taxi (tell the taxi driver you need a mall with stores to buy swim wear) to a mall nearby and look there.

Walmarts or Targets are good places to get them at down here too.

Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
Passenger

Hi,
Just ordered swim suits on line at www.lifestylesdirect.com You can bid on last years line and get some great deals if you want, or buy new. The suits are tan through suits, YOU CAN'T SEE THROUGH THEM, CHECK IT OUT. Had the suits in 3 days fed-x. Free shipping too.
Have a great cruise.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:51 PM
MichelleM

I suggest Land's End Outlet, Eddie Bauer Outlet, or JcPenny online for swimsuits. The two outlet stores both have really nice suits on close-out. Much higher quality suits then what would be found at Target.

I do agree with the Burdine's suggestion for shopping in Tampa. Nice selection.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:35 PM
adalace

You can check out ebay I bought 3 venus swimwear for 25 dollars each. Brand new. From an older line.
Old February 3rd, 2004, 09:04 AM
First Mate

Thank you everyone!
Tina, I am from Waterford. Where abouts do you live?
Old February 3rd, 2004, 05:31 PM
L.C.

HI Bonnie. I lived in Nebraska. I moved out here with my husband and kids from Tampa , Florida about a year ago, so I know alot of the area very well. I sure miss the warm weather. It's really hard to get summer clothes here at this time. So I will shop at Burdines when we get to Miami. It 's my favorite store but it is only in Florida and you cant order anything on line.'We are getting hit with our 3rd snow storm tomorrow night. Cant wait ti leave this cold place for a week Take care L.C
Old February 3rd, 2004, 06:08 PM
TinaJ

Default Re: Re: BUYING BATHINGSUITS IN TAMPA?!

Hi Bonnie,
I'm in Milo. I guess I don't know where Waterford is! This is our second cruise, 16 of us going from my school district! Some are first timers so I try to keep them psyched by sending weekly emails and countdowns. Get a lot of great info from this list!

Does anyone know if Land's End Outlet is online also? The closest outlet area for us is about 3 hours downstate!
TinaJ
Old February 4th, 2004, 06:10 PM
First Mate

I just followed rmchunters advice and went to www.lifestylesdirect.com then went on the auction and bought a new bathingsuit. MAKE SURE YOU PUT IN THE DIRECT in the web address. I ended up on a condum site!