Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 31st, 2004, 07:01 PM
juliacb

Default Updated Sensation Review Wanted

Hi,

I just read a dismal review about the Sensation on another board. I was wondering if anyone has recently cruised on the Sensation. Would you mind giving me your thoughts? We are sailing on her on March 1st and I would like to know what to expect.

Thank you!!
Sponsored Links
Old January 31st, 2004, 11:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Updated Sensation Review Wanted

We sailed her in Sept., there were some signs of aging but overall we thought she was a beautiful ship. I do not like the color purple & was concerned about it but was not put off at all. We had a great time and can't wait to sail again this fall.
Old February 1st, 2004, 07:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Juliacb,
Here is a review from Nov., on Sensation, its the lastest one here:

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/...ensation24.cfm

Have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 1st, 2004, 01:28 PM
Passenger

We got back from Sensation on Jan.1. The ship needs alot of work and in our opinion the crew on board are not very firendly. We booked a suite and it was a huge disappointment. It was dirty with alot of problems throughout the 5 days we were on board. We were looking for a good time and for the most part did have a good time, but there were some things that just could not be overlooked. Our room stewart was hardly visible, had to search her down if we needed anything. We have written to Carnival and waiting for a response. Hope you have a good time maybe they cleaned up a little since Jan. Nancy
Old February 2nd, 2004, 06:13 PM
Captain

We are booked for November and have read many mixed reviews. But have also read bad reviews on the Conquest which we just sailed in November and SHE was terrific. Can'r ever tell. I think it is a matter of taste and whatever you make of your own vacation. Carnival does a great job in the service and entertainment I think.

Sensation

Old February 9th, 2004, 01:58 PM
Gary H

Just got off the Sensation last week and had a great time. I had read some of the bad
reviews and I am wondering what ship that was. I found it to be very clean and other
than the carpet on the stairs being a little worn I was hard pressed to find a stain anywhere else. I even saw crew members on their hands and knees cleaning the
carpet. Our rooms U204 and U208 were very clean and our cabin steward could
not have been better. Hope you have a great time.
Old February 9th, 2004, 07:47 PM
juliacb

Thank you everyone for your comments. I plan on having a good time no matter how many stains I see on the carpet! :-)
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:35 PM
The Scotts

You will read good and bad reviews. I quess it's all how you look at "your" vacation.

We went with the idea that this was going to be a good 5 day cruise vacation to Grand Cayman and Cozmuel. We went this past May 2003.

We were not disappointed in the least. I had read were people counted the number of light bulbs that were out on the lido deck to how many stains were on the carpets.

I had told my DH on night while I was reading the boards, that will all there are to do on board a cruise ship that these people must be either not enjoying their cruise or were so bored that they had to count light bulbs.

As well you have to keep in mind that these ship dock and unload from one cruise to re-loading for another and the crew is always cleaning somewhere all the time. While we were dock in Cozmuel the crew had the lift boats out in the water check them out. Also there were crew members painting the out side of the ship as well.

We found the ship to be very clean for a older ship, all the crew and staff that we had any dealings with were all very nice , friendly and helpful . Our cabin U76 Suite on the Upper deck was so nice. It was clean as well.

Our room steward we never saw except the first day to come by and say hello and that if we needed him for anything just call. He keep our cabin clean and neat all week long.

The dining room staff was good as well. George The Greek is the Best!!!! So much fun in the Fantasy Dining Room.

Just go with the right attitude and have a wonderful cruise. If you look at every little thing in life you will find things to have fault with.

After 911, which changed my life, I try to find the best in everything. Life's to short to sweat all the small stuff.

It's your vacation, don't ruin it, enjoy it.

You'll like the Sensation
Old February 15th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Captain

Very nice to hear this. We plan on having a great time. We were on the Conquest last Nov, and I am sure if we try to compare the two it would be a bad idea. We are going to relax and enjoy the islands and the ocean. After all every hotel has bad points even the 5 star ones.
Thanks to all who replied.

Sensation