Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 4th, 2004, 09:19 PM
Just back Inspiration

Default just back from Inspiration

Just back from Inspiration ....Any questions?
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2004, 06:20 PM
First Mate

Default Re: just back from Inspiration

How did you like it? I am headed out on her in 9 days!
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:08 PM
Just back Inspiration

Overall, A good Bargain!! The food was alright. I had no complaints about the entertainment. We were always able to get a deck chair. It costed $.75/per min for internet. Laundry facilities are available, but bring your own soap, saves every penny possible. We had the late dinner seating, which was nice so we didnt have to hurry back from the ports. We did Stingray city through Captain Marvins and Cave tubing in Belize through X-Stream Cave tubing both EXCELLENT!! And much cheaper than the ships prices. Any other ???'s, let me know
Old February 10th, 2004, 10:45 PM
First Mate

We have just returned from the inspiration also My 1 st cruise and had a blast any questions just ask
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:41 AM
mdrowell

Default Re: Re: just back from Inspiration

Me too, Feb.1, loved it, read my post : Inspiration good advice, Feb.9
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:38 AM
genie

Hi,

We are going at the end of March and my biggest concern is excursions.

I would like to do the very same two excursions that you did, but how was it getting off the boat on time to meet the tour people.

I have heard that people not taking a "carnival" tour are not let off the boat to tender until the end. I am scared that we might miss our tours.

How did this work out for you?

Thanks
Old February 12th, 2004, 12:07 AM
First Mate

we also took those same tours same dates too... I was also scared about missing excursions and not making it back to the boat on time but actually had no problems .. We were worried though at most of our ports somthing happened and delayed our gettting off the boat on time ..BUT we told them we also had excursions and they called us independents but let us go with the 1 st tenders just make sure you are the first in line and let them know you ned off........... I did.......... Have fun
Old February 12th, 2004, 06:27 AM
mdrowell

I also took those 2 tours. Early Carnival tours do get off first, but do not worry, get to the disembark station early, ( you may have to wait a few minutes ) you will have no trouble getting a launch, they leave obout every 5 minutes. You will get back in plenty of time, we had a couple of hours in each port at the end to do some shopping. If you are a late, the tour will wait a few more minutes for you. They both run a very professional business.
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Loism

It sounds like you waited until you were off the ship to book your tours. I'm interested in both Stingray beach and tubing in Belize. What was the costs and how did you book?

Also, would like to tour Cozumel on a golf cart. Did you see any rentals in town? I have seen them other places but can't find info for Cozumel.
Old February 12th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Passenger

lOLois,

We leave for this cruise the Inspiration on Sunday Wooooooooohooooooooooo my brain has been gone for 3 days already physically I'm here.... we spent weeks boring over tours in advance for a couple reasons, first it has been great fun and kept us in the vacation mind frame secondly it is signifcant;y cheaper. We booked String ray tour with Nativetour. The cost is $ 30.00 and they take you to the reef besides for snorkeling and then offer you the option of dropping you at 7 mile beach or back in town for shopping. I can forward you their e-mail if you would like.

The dolphin discovery in Cozumel offers a fabulous swim with the dolphin experience $ 120 dollars but you actaully swim with them not play with them. BUT they book up early. You can find them on www.dolphindiscovery.com They also have a fabulous sounding park that also offers scuba equipment showers etc. The boat offers tours but not the swim at signifcantl.y higher costs.

Last but not least we booked the Belize Cave Tubing with X-Stream . They send out groups of 8 - 15 never more and have 2 guides for each group. You walk thru a dry cave to explore and they point out alot of the interesting things along the way. Plus you go thru an extra cave at the end. The cost of this is $ 65.00 plus a tip for the guide and $ 5.00 for an authentic Belizian lunch.

My parents took this same ship a year ago and did the tours via the cruiseline. My sisters did it last month and booked tours on line and phone in advance and saved about $ 125.00 per person for the 3 tours and said the dolphin royal swim was without a doubt the greatest and worth the $ 120.00 . Hope this helps, as " the mom " pinching pennies " is my job and this way I knew exactly what I needed for where . I hope you have a fabulous time planning it as well as doing it !!
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:39 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Shelly,
We are planning a Cruise on Inspiration in May. This is our first cruise also. This may sound silly but what type of clothes did you take? I have heard we need to take evening wear. Also,are we allowed to take hang-up bags? We will be departing from Tampa.
Thanks
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:43 AM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Shelly,
We are planning a Cruise on Inspiration in May. This is our first cruise also. This may sound silly but what type of clothes did you take? I have heard we need to take evening wear. Also,are we allowed to take hang-up bags? We will be departing from Tampa.
Thanks
Old February 13th, 2004, 05:52 PM
JimBrown

We did X-Stream Cave tubing as well, definitely a choice operation.

http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/CaveTubingBelize.htm

or just go belizecruiseexcursions.com and you'll find it there.
Old February 13th, 2004, 06:49 PM
ShannonR

you can also contact X-stream tours... thats $ 65.00 plus a nice little tip for the guide at your disrection. Thru the cruise line it is $ 90.00 and X-streams is significantly better !
Old February 14th, 2004, 09:50 AM
Loism

Do men really have to wear a necktie to dinner on formal nights. He planned on sport coat with dress pants and collarless dress shirt or tropical dress shirt.
Old February 14th, 2004, 12:12 PM
ctmak

In terms of clothes for the men on Formal nights (Monday and Friday): I would have felt uncomfortable without a tie given the way people were dressing. On formal nights overdrssed is way better than underdressed. Even with a sports coats and nice slacks, my view is it's not enough. Don't think he needs a suit, just sports coat, nice (preferably dark) slacks, dress shirt and tie.

On the rest of the nights, khackis and a golf shirt is fine.

Enjoy

CTMak