Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Passenger

Default Arrive early or late at ports

I have a question that i need some advise on. If you had to decide between taking a cruise based on what time you arrive at ports, which would you take. I ask because out of two one arrives at the ports, for the most part, around 7AM, while the other 9AM or later. Do not worry about the sleep factor, just from past experiences which was better. Thank you in advance for her time!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 5th, 2004, 11:59 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Arrive early or late at ports

I wouldn't think it would make any difference. EVerything that's available at 9am should be available at 7am (tours, shops open...). Cant imagine that the stores would stay closed until 9am, knowing that a ship comes in earlier. Same with tours. You should be fine either way.
Old February 5th, 2004, 04:52 PM
First Mate

I would base it on which of them gives you more hours at the port. You're going to be up whatever time it docks.
Old February 6th, 2004, 04:40 PM
Passenger

I have variation on this question. We are sailing on the Canival Conquest on 3/21/04 from New Orleans. My question is if the ship leaves from port at 6p.m. would we be cutting it too close if we arrive at the ship to embark at 3or 4 p.m. ? Or do you recommend that we register and have our things brought to our room and then get off the boat? We want to know because there are a couple more things we want to do in NO before we leave. Thanks in advance for your helpful suggestions!

Carnival Conquest