Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:34 AM
Passenger

Default prepaid tipping

My fiance and I did the prepaid tipping thing with our travel agent. So all of our tips are paid in advance. She said that we would not be required to tip once we got on the ship. And it would be much easier. This sounds a little weird to me. Has anyone else ever done this?
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Admiral

Default Re: prepaid tipping

Your tips are prepaid anyway as soon as you get onboard. They are now charged to your Sail & Sign (Spend & Suffer, my experience) account as soon as you give them your credit card info at check in.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: prepaid tipping

Why would they charge it to my S & S card, since they are already paid. I'm so confused. We already paid like $120 on our credit card when we booked.
Old February 6th, 2004, 01:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: prepaid tipping

Pre paid tips are not added to your sail and sign account, however had you not pre paid they would be added to you S&S account. Yes I have pre paid and your wait team and room steward will know that you have pre paid (they get a computer printout) I prefer to pre pay as it is just that much less on your final bill (charge card or cash), and is less cash that you have to carry. One down side to the pre pay is that your tips can not be adjusted up or down or removed as they can with the reverse tipping (added to your S&S account) should your service be sub par. You will still need tip money if you use room service (1 or 2 dollars per service) and for the dock side porters. Also not included in the pre pay tip are camp Carnival if you use it and the Maitre d' (if you so desire to tip him).