Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2004, 10:01 PM
Jilles

Default Best/worst

What Carnival Ship has the best/worst food, entertainment, service?
Sponsored Links
Old February 8th, 2004, 09:31 AM
jamiegunter

Default Re: Best/worst

Sorry havent found a bad one yet We have been on Paradise and the Imagination and loved it all. We had the best service in the dining room on both ships but especially the Paradise. Our head waitress Alina was wonderful, learned our first names for the whole cruise even when we would see her a lunch working at the buffet.
Old February 8th, 2004, 11:23 AM
shipbound

I have been on many of the carnival ships on the years and some things have improved,like the food. I guess the one thing that I have noticed over the years are the amount of families with children on the ships. I guess the worst ship you could say that
I have been on was the Spirit this was because of the crowd( KIds, Kids, and more Kids )

Gary.
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:49 AM
Misty

SPIRIT- HOW DO I HATE THEE? LET ME COUNT THE WAYS!!!! My husband and I have been on 8 cruises and we will go on our 9th in 3 weeks. We are in our very late twenties. We sailed on the Carnival Spirit in January of 2003. It was the worst cruise we have ever been on. I read reveiws from quite a few different sites, but I ignored the complaints. We had never had a bad cruise experience before so I just thought the complaints were probably from negative people. I could not have been more wrong. The staff was the most unfriendly bunch of people that we have ever encountered. No one wants to go on a vacation and be treated badly. The only people that we really enjoyed was our cabin steward, the art auctioneers, and the people in the karaoke sing along bar. In the dining room I ordered one of my dishes different, and it came out wrong. Upon telling our waiter he suggested that I "flick it off." One lady at our table was a vegetarian, and she was given a very hard time by the waiter. She would order something, and he would hassle her about it every time. She tried to be polite, but after about the 5th night she told him to just bring what she ordered. Our drinks went empty for a while several different nights. The food in the dining room was the worst that we have had on a cruise ship before. In fact many of the passengers that we met decided to pay the extra $25ea. every night and dine at the supper club. Everyone that ate at the supper club said it was wonderful. We never heard any complaints at all. We decided not to eat there because we did not want to reward Carnival with any more of our $ for providing us such bad food and service in the main dining room. Shame on them. The buffet that we ate at for lunch was pretty good though. I must give them an A+ for selection. Basically I have never seen bad service in the main dining room until we cruised on the Spirit. The crew looked like they could not wait for their contracts to be up. Usually there are tons of activities, but our cruise director Amy left a lot to be desired. She appeared as the entertainment several different nights singing and dancing. We usually love to go to the shows, but we did not enjoy any of them. The usual fun activities were abandoned. Basically nothing to do at night after shows but gamble. The ship is so beautiful, and it is well maintained. Everything looked new and clean. We encountered numerous unfriendly crew members throughout the duration of our 8 night cruise. I would not sail on the Spirit again if they gave us the cruise for free. It is such a beautiful ship ruined by the crew. DO NOT CRUISE ON THIS SHIP unless you want to be disappointed. Hope this helps. :-)

RCCL Magesty of the Seas
RCCL Enchantment of the Seas
RCCL Grandeur of the Seas
Celebrity Century
Carnival Paradise
RCCL Rhapsody of the Seas
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Elation-3weeks to go!!!
Old February 9th, 2004, 05:42 PM
George Alex

Let me just say I loved the Carnival Legend. No words can say how much I loved it.
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:10 PM
pastordon

I've saied on the IMAGINATION, FANTASY(twice), the PARADISE and the SPIRIT. The SPIRIT was my favorite vessel, but the dining room team and the entertainment were the worst. John Heald was my first cruise director and he's still the best. Since 1995 I've noticed that the food has gotten better and the service has gotten worse. I don't know why but the East European help on the Spirit were just not very friendly or prompt.. I can honestly say I've enjoyed every cruise, including the one two weeks after 9/11.
Old February 10th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Tuscani

Wow, I'm sorry the Spirit ws so bad. I just cam eoff the Elation though and I promise you will be happier than last time. The staff was great. Supposedly their dining has been number 1 in Carnival for all of last year based on their comment card scores. The maitre d 's are Stipe and Ante. I had Stipe for the late seating and he and his staff were very attentive to use and we had a pretty wild table. If you have any issues please talk to Stipe or Ante and they will fix them. I hope your next cruise is great.

Elation 020104
Holiday 103102
Old February 11th, 2004, 09:08 AM
AngelaAngel

Default Re: Re: Best/worst

Let me just say while looking out my window and getting blinded by the snow falling-
I WILL LOVE THIS CRUISE on the Legend in 29 more days no matter what others say about the food, service, islands, etc. I will not be here, but with 12 other great friends with a tropical setting, abundance of food, alcohol, entertainment, room service, gambling, shopping, etc. They only thing I'll be bringing home is dirty clothes and alot of great memories of a very wonderful time. We will make the best of it no matter what!
Old February 11th, 2004, 09:14 AM
regina

AngelaAngel: I COULDN'T AGREE WITH YOU MORE!!!!!! Except that I'm not leaving until March 21st..... Wish it was sooner but hey, more things to look forward to! Enjoy your cruise! Pam
Old February 11th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Passenger

The Conquest is Awesome! Not much more I can say!
Old February 11th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Best/worst

Okay, you guys have made me nervous. All this complaining about the Spirit wasn't on the Alaska cruises, was it? I mean, don't different boats have different personalities?

Sheila (set to leave on the Spirit, Alaska Northbound, in July)
Old February 13th, 2004, 11:51 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Best/worst

Sheila, I'm on the Spirit southbound 5-26-04. I'll let you know if these posts are right/wrong. My guess is we'll have a fabulous time. Alaska is all about the scenery and not about the service. Laurie
Old February 13th, 2004, 09:57 PM
Lindsey116

I went on Victory and i had an AWESOME time! The food was great and the our servers and stewardists were so nice and friendly. Especially our server who performed on a few of the nights by doing tricks. I had a great time for my first cruise--as soon as i left i was ready for another one. I would spend my life on there if i could. It was just an awesome experience. Cruisings the best way to travel--going to island for 2 weeks u get bored after awhile with nothing to do...with a cruise ur NEVER bored. Im going on Conquest April 4th hopefully it will be just as fun as Victory.
Old February 14th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Passenger

Thanks Laurie! I'm getting SO excited, and the cruise is still 6 months away! This will be my first one, and I'm just loving getting all the information.

BTW, do you have kids? I have two 13 year olds, and I'm wondering if you could be my "scout" for the kid's programs. ;-)

Sheila