Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Shipbound

Default rude people

What do you do when you meet a rude person on a cruise ship?

Gary
Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2004, 11:40 AM
Frank Pike

Default Re: rude people

Either laugh at them or ignore them!
Old February 9th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Kevin LaRue

I think you can just ignore them.
Old February 9th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Yeoman

If they had been rude to me I would let them know that they had done something to make my trip a little less enjoyable.

Old February 9th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Let them know they are rude so maybe they can be less rude the next time...

...or just throw them overboard!!!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:28 AM
Passenger

You remind yourself that nobody is perfect, you forgive him, and tell him to have a nice day--if he is bigger than you.

If he is smaller than you, you tell him what a jerk he is and if he doesn't mind his manners that, next time, you will punch his lights out.

Zoomer
Old February 12th, 2004, 08:30 PM
DRoyer8574

Give em a Stone Cold Stunner
Old February 12th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

I never have any problem with rude people. The fact that I'm a very large, veteran, ex lineman might have something to do with it.
Dan
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Marina

i can truly say i did not meet any rude people this time on the Jubilee. everyone seemed friendly or kept to themselfs.
Old March 23rd, 2004, 01:45 PM
jeane

Default Re: Re: rude people

Only one rude person on my cruise in February. I told him to do us all a favor and fall off the ship.

Jeane
Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:10 PM
First Mate

My last cruise I was assigned a table for 4. Me and my sister shared with a nice couple. Well, the waiter was not very polite with any of us. He would go to the tables around us and laugh and flirt with the Black women but was cold shouldered with us. Well the other couple never came back to dinner again but me of course am not going to let anyone ruin my dinner. My sister and I just smiled and treated him with kindness the whole trip but still he would put our food down and walk away and then put a smile on his face around the Black women. Well, of course we assumed that meant only one thing. WELL. The last night of the cruise he came to take our order and was all smiles and wishing us a safe trip home etc. Well, I had prepaid tips and didn't think I should change it because after all we got our food and he did his job. BUT, I did relate this on my survey card so he could get a good talking too. I wanted so badly to tell him off and move to another table. God knows I wanted to be with my first waiter I had the trip before, who was still there, but it was my sister's first cruise and I did my best to make it pleasurable. I hope I don't get him again this time around.

Old March 23rd, 2004, 02:48 PM
can't wait

You should have said sonething to the Matrie'd
When we expirenced a bad waiter on a curise we were laughing about how bad he was with our table mates. After all I was not going to let him ruin our cruise

Well to get back on subjet we were laughing about him so hard the matrie'd must have over heard because the next night our waiter was gone and the Matrie'd himself waited on us the rest of the Cruise and apogized for the waiter.

I wonder what they did to him we never saw him on the crusie after the first night

FYI

He was extermly bad we were about 10 minutes late for dinner and this must of thrown his sechudle off because he said since we were late we could not order appizters.
Then when our meal came and had rec'd a vegtable instead of a potato
we told him and asked nicely for a potato He litterly threw it on the palte and stormed away

He was Terrible !!!!!
Old March 24th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Passenger

When you put the size of the boat into perspective.....I live in a town of 1400 people--technically every single one of us could "cruise" together!! Let me tell you there are plenty of rude ones in town here--which I manage to avoid just fine any day of the week. So, I wouldn't think this would be a problem on a ship of this size either.

Carnival Fantasy
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Admiral

I would NOT put up with a rude waiter for my cruise....for the amount of money spent, I would have complained to the Matre'd the first night!!! And of course there would have been NO tip coming for that dude!

I'm really sorry you put up with such terrible treatment, Stacowgirl. There's no need to be treated like that at all, no matter where you are! Sometimes you need to make a stink to get treated properly, unfortunately.

Hope your future cruises are all pleasant ones!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
Old March 24th, 2004, 09:55 PM
First Mate

We were on the Disney Magic in Oct 2002 and this elderly female in a wheelchair (who had her every whim catered to) litterally ran me and my 18 mth old daughter down while we tried to board the elevator, this was the way she had treated everyone including the staff for the first 2 days including throwing a glass of water at the waiter on the first night and throwing a full thing of popcorn at the cruise director when he could not seat her in the front row for a show, anyway after the incident with my baby the crew had seen enough and refused to assist her again, she looked miserable sitting all alone on the deck and in the dining room, but she got what she deserved.

Any way on a good note, after I had dropped my child on her head a crew member from Zimbabwe rushed over scooped her up and ran with her to the infirmary, he was awesome and so was everyone else involved in the incident.
Old March 24th, 2004, 11:24 PM
Admiral

Yes, let's post some good things....when my husband (disabled) was trying to get on a ship for a submarine ride, he was afraid he could not manuver onto the ship. A couple of sweet, BIG Jamaicans grabbed my husband under the arms and swooped him on and onto a seat, he didn't have to walk at all!

They were so nice and helpful, nice to have good memories such as that!!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
Old March 25th, 2004, 05:59 AM
Stacey Schafer

I would definitely not put up with a rude waiter but I know iti s hard to switch. You also feel maybe it will get better. We sailed on the Disney Magic last summer. Loved the cruise but our waiter was efficient but was cold and did not interact with us except to take our order. We have three children and noticed some other tables all laughing and the waiters joking and doing tricks with the kids. Waited a couple of days then our waitress did some kind of mid cruise talk about how she hope we are enjoying the service. I told her what I had noticed at the other tables and while she was efficient I thought she could entertain the kids more. the next night she seemed quiet but she did a magic trick or two. Still lacked personality and looked annoyed but she was trying. At then end we tipped her at the last dinner- a decent tip but not the full recommended anout of 35 dollars a person per day but rather a 100 even for the five of us. Anyway, the next morning she didn't even talk to us at breakfast. I am sure she was mad. In the future I will change tables.