Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to FamilyCruise2004
Default Cozumel & Playa del Carmen with a young child???

We have been checking everywhere & really haven't gotten a good answer to this question. We don't mind doing a tour that lasts, no longer than 3-4 hours. We're not very big beach bums, especially , now, with a 2 & 1/2 year old( that isn't quite potty trained ). My son loves to ride buses, he doesn't get to very often, being that we live in the country. Are there any tours that you can take by bus or large van, that you don't have to walk very far to, once you exit the bus? Not really into a whole tour of ruins, either. Sorry we're sooooo picky!
Thanks in advance!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2004, 03:32 PM
ElationismyShip

Default Re: Cozumel & Playa del Carmen with a young child???

Grab a cab to the Chanakaab National Park, it's only about 5-10 minutes away and cab ride for whole car would be about $20.00. Once there the entrance fee is $10.00 per person (probably less expensive for kids) but it is totally worth it. Huge long beach, I know that you not beach bums) but there is a paved path to walk along the beach - there is a lagoon perfect for introducing children to the water without fear of undertow, etc. There is a Sea Lions show, a mini ruins exhibit, a plant and lagoon area that is beautiful to walk through, a Dolphin Sanctuary which people are swiming with the Dolpins on tours, restaurant, gift shopping, showers, locker area, etc. It's perfect for those with kids and want a Caribbean feel while not being just dropped off at a beach someplace. I highly recommend it!
Old February 11th, 2004, 04:50 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Cozumel & Playa del Carmen with a young child???

Thanks for the Coz info, got any info on Playa???
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:35 PM
elationismyship

No info on Playa - sorry. Playa was someplace the ship dropped off passangers for the Ruins tour but no one else got off.
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Flyingfinn

We were in Playa for the Tulum ruins tour with our two kids, 5 and 10 at the time. Would like to visiit the ruins again but not with the ship. We were unable to get a picture at the ruins without 2 or 3 strangers in the photo as there were so many other people there @ the same time. I will also add that in March it was extremely warm and HUMID, which is not tolerated very well by the 5 year old. There was also a good hike down a long path to the ruins, but small bus rides were offered. Good Luck!
Old February 14th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Passenger

Thanks all!!!
Anymore info will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks~Tracy
Old February 15th, 2004, 04:52 PM
Kermit and Miss P.

We spent a week at Playa last April. A most amazingly beautiful beach! And our resort was a blast. But you should be warned that topless sunbathing is quite common there. Our resort was more of an American Family place but several nearby were more European. We saw entire families topless, even Grandmas. (My husband suddenly took an intersest in beach walking. haha ) But you might want to figure out how to address it with your kids if you go.
Old February 15th, 2004, 05:10 PM
Passenger

My son isn't curious about nudity, yet.
I guess, he'd just think the nudes were taking a bath-
Thanks~Tracy