Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 11th, 2004, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Default $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

Has anyone used the Carnival's onboard coupon booklet ? There is a coupon for a free work of art if you attend an Art Auction. The art work is to be your choice and valued up to $95. When we attended the auction we were told the coupon would not be accepted. These coupons are offered by Carnival through certain travel agencies. Also offered to past guests. Has anyone else had a problem with the ships accepting these coupons?
Sponsored Links
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

They are only valid for the past guest reunion cruises. Is that the cruise you took?
Old February 11th, 2004, 08:26 PM
Passenger

No. The coupons are also available to first timers who book through certain travel agents. If you receive them for a past guest reunion, Carnival also throws in towels and a beach bag. Carnival allows some agencies to offer these booklets without the extras that a past guest would receive on a past guest reunion cruise. Has anyone had problems with the ships not accepting these coupons?
Old February 12th, 2004, 01:18 AM
bonie

Going on Carnival Spirit April 30th,,, Where might I get a book??
Old February 12th, 2004, 05:21 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

The only coupon that was worth anything to me was the free photo one. The others were just a waste of paper in my opinion.
Old February 12th, 2004, 06:35 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

Did you try using the $95 value free work of art coupon?
Old February 13th, 2004, 05:14 AM
Beginner

Just returned from the Fascination.
The artwork valued at $95 was a print, and was given to anyone who stayed for the entire art auction that was held. We did not attend, but from what I could tell everyone received the same print. It was on paper about 11 x 17, with about a 2 inch white mat around it, and a picture of tucans, I believe.
There was no coupon necessary on our cruise.
Old February 13th, 2004, 06:36 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

Do you know if Park West did the Art Auction on the Fascination? Carnival Corp. is begining to do the Art Auctions themselves through their wholly owned company, Princess Cruiselines. Apparently, one of the first ships they took the Art Auction from was the Glory. This was the excuse for not honoring the coupon that they printed in their own coupon booklet. Seems to me that if you are the parent company issuing coupon booklets and also the same parent company producing the Art Auctions, that there should be no question in honoring your own coupon in your own coupon booklet.
Old February 14th, 2004, 09:06 AM
frank926

Default Re: Re: Re: $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

Where did you hear that carrnival is doing their opwh art auction?
Old February 14th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Admiral

On the Triumph in Feb 2003 anyone who attended the entire art auction (thru parkwest btw) was given a FREE lithograph.....So if you have a coupon book with that in it then it's probably the same thing. Since everyone, including ourselves, got the same print it seems like that's the case.

Old February 14th, 2004, 12:03 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: $300 Carnival Coupon Booklet

The auctioneer on the Glory, Daniel, told us that Carnival is gradually taking over the Art Auctions from Park West ship by ship. Carnival Corp. stated that the Art Auctions were now going to be run on their ships by Princess Cruiselines which Carnival Corp. owns. I still feel that since the auctions are run by themselves rather then a third party that Carnival should honor their coupon that they printed in their own coupon booklet.