Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Erika
Default biggest cabins

Which ships have the biggest cabins. Is it possible to squeeze 5 people in 1 cabin semi-comfortably on any ship? The kids are 9, 7, and 5. thank you
Sponsored Links
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:27 AM
Rodger

Default Re: biggest cabins

Only if you use a shoe horn
Old February 13th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

Erika, I think a suite is about the only thing that will fit so many (Category 11 and above)

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 13th, 2004, 01:05 PM
ElationismyShip

Carnival is the only cruise line I know of that accomodates 5 people - I wouldn't be too worried about size of cabin - you're not going to be there that much and it's worth the squeeze to go on a cruise. But, that said, check into Carnival about their Quad inside rooms.
Old February 13th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

Erika,

Also consider adjoining / connecting rooms. Usually an adult over 25 must be "listed" as being in a room booked with a minor, however, once everyone is checked in you can adjust the sleeping arrangements to suite the family. The suite or mini suite, while a great option, might require a bigger budget than you want to invest.

Let the 7 and 9 year old be "big kids" in their room while the 5 year old "sleeps" in your room.

You'll do great - and the kids will love the adventure. Now get out there and have fun!

Willy
Old February 13th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: biggest cabins

"Carnival is the only cruise line I know of that accomodates 5 people..."

Actually, a number of higher-end cruise lines have true suites (not what Carnival calls "suites", which are actually just bigger cabins) that can hold this many. For instance:

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/di...uitesStateroom

http://www.princess.com/onboard/flee..._rooms_fs.html

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/cont...te_sch_379.jpg

I'm not knocking Carnival, and I'm not saying the suites above are particularly affordable--just that there are numerous options for those who have the money and need to comfortable fit a lot of people in a cabin.

Post Edited (02-14-04 09:22)
Old February 14th, 2004, 10:16 AM
Passenger

We are booked for the Victory for 3/28 -- we have 3 kids ages, 13, 11 and 7 - we have opted for two outside Main deck adjoining rooms....two bathrooms, two tv's and a door when needed....I can't imagine one bathroom for the 5 of us (with the 11 and 13 year old being girls that spend tooooo much time in front of a mirror....) this way they will have their own and we have double the space....we are so excited !
Old February 14th, 2004, 12:26 PM
pastordon

My wife and I have traveled with our teenage son and daughter twice on the Fantasy without a problem. My son and I always went to the spa to get ready for the evening meal while my wife and daughter shared the cabin. The only other time we were in the cabin was sleeping. If your looking for major romance, get two cabins ( or leave the kids at home). If it's a family vacation, you can get along well in one cabin and spend your money on entertainment. Have fun!