Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2004, 07:55 AM
pattisden

Default just returned from Glory Feb 28

We just got back yesterday and had a great time. Embarkation and Debarkation went very smooth. We bought a guarantee 4A and got a room with a window! The rooms come with a blow dryer, shower gel and shampoo built in. We loved the tours. In Key West we went to Duval Street and shopped and bar hopped. In Belize, we took the thriller speed boat to and island named Caye Caulker (sp?). In Cozumel we did the Passion Island tour. That was really fun and I had a 40 min. massage for $35.00 on the beach. They had a water ballon toss on the beach and free beer and margaritas and rum punch. Also included was a delicious buffet lunch which included Mexican style food such as fish, rice, salads,barbecue chicken, fresh fruit, salsa type stuff and very tasty guacamole. In Progreso we took the Kodiak tour where they took us to a natural Flamingoe habitat in an open air big jeep type vehicle. Then we went to a beautiful beach where they gave us "killer Margaritas". We had 2 days at sea. Key West is definitely the place to buy t-shirts. I bought a blue topaz ring for $20 in Cozumel. Who knows how good it is. Alot of people bought hammocks in Progreso. A lady I talked to bought a beautiful bracelet in Progreso for $50.00 made of diamonds and blue topaz. In my opinion, there are not alot of bargains at Diamond International. The Captains Dinner was the 3rd nite and we had lobster tail. I recommend you go to the Whiteheat Dance Club for the Captains Cocktail Party and get their early. Go all the way to the back and grab a seat at the bar. The seats fill up quickly. Also on the Lido Deck it wasn't so hard finding a loung chair as it was on previous cruises. The other dress up nite was Thursday but we didn't participate so I can't say what was on the menu. There was a really good piano player in the atrium by the name of "J.P." I didn't get a chance to buy his cd but I wish I had. If anybody out there bought it I would gladly send you a blank cd and postage if you are willing to burn it for me.
At the Captains Party and the Returning Carnival Guests Party they were very generous with the drinks. The hor d'oevres (sp?) were nothing to write home about.
This was a great cruise and it went by way too fast.
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2004, 10:51 AM
First Mate

Default Re: just returned from Glory Feb 28

I was on the same cruise. Got upgraded from Cat 4 inside stateroom all the way up to 6Edeck 11 outside with the wall to wall, floor to ceiling picture window cabin 1102.. It was awesome! Gotta congratulate Carnival on the new debarkation plan. They announced self assist leave the ship just before 7:30AM and at 7:45AM we were walking across the street to the parking garage. What an improved procedure for all parties! I intend to write a review later. Had the time of our lives.
Old March 7th, 2004, 12:56 PM
eileenm

I was on the same cruise - fantastic time. We got upgraded from a category 4A guarantee to cabin 8429 with a balcony....it was awesome. I think this is an 8C cabin.

Terrific food and great ports of call. I was most surprised with Progresso - I had read many negative things about this port , but the beach was beautiful. Key West and Cozumel are always great (rented scooters and cruised the islands), and Belize "cave tubing" was one of my favorite excursions ever.

Carnival Glory is a terrific ship.
Old March 7th, 2004, 01:09 PM
julia Russo

..so did we! Our balcony off the back of the ship (though not as private) was so NICE! But don't you guys think our cruise director, Mark, was just the best ever?? He made the cruise a great time with his humor--does he ever sleep?
The topper was the Emerald Room experience...how I wish we had gone two more times! What a wonderful meal and the service superb...
I still can picture the woman stuck in her cabin---Mark said she couldn't get out--one door was to the bathroom, the other had a sign "Do Not Disturb"....!!! :-)
We also met two other couples who may wind up becoming life long friends...
Till next cruise---bon voyage, everyone...
Old March 7th, 2004, 05:37 PM
jaime

thanks to all of you we are on the glory april 24!!! i really appreciate your imput. i can't wait to cruise!!!
Old March 7th, 2004, 06:17 PM
First Mate

Thank You so much for your review, we are sailing 4/10/2004 our first cruise, we also paid for the guaranteed inside room and now see the light that we may be upgraded, and if we are not, who cares!!! We are so looking forward to it anyway.....

Larry
Old March 7th, 2004, 06:23 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: just returned from Glory Feb 28

Old March 14th, 2004, 01:02 PM
First Mate

Review for this cruise just posted. Anyone booked on Glory may find it helpful. Please email me if you have room in your baggage for a slightly balding 6ft. 200lb stowaway.

Post Edited (03-14-04 13:04)
Old March 14th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: just returned from Glory Feb 28

Did the balcony room have a small refrigerator?