Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2004, 11:00 AM
Passenger

Default Wedding Package

We have a wedding booked aboard the conquest on march 28th before embarkation. There is only a small group attending(6), therefore we opted for the "Bride & Groom" package.We recieved our info packet yesterday and were somewhat surprised when we interpreted the info to say that the cake was a "cake for two" .We will call Monday to clarify if this is indeed true, but was wondering if any of you have wedded in port before embarkation and were you pleased with the package.Also, how soon after the wedding( Bride & Groom package) do the guests have to leave the ship?
We may upgrade to the $1350 package from the $750 package if we have to in order to visit a few minutes , and share wedding cake with our guests, even though we'd still have only 6 guests, and $600 more seems hefty for a larger cake and a little chatting.

Sailing the Conquest
Sponsored Links
Old February 16th, 2004, 06:32 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Wedding Package

I can see the cake only being for two if you elected to have the 'bride and groom' only..there's only two of you. If you're having guests you really need to have some sort of reception even if it's just the hors douvres and champagne for an hour. I'm sure that's what the $600 will provide not just more wedding cake.
All guests must be off 30 minutes prior to the ship sailing.
Old February 16th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sharyn Send a message via Yahoo to Sharyn

My husband and I would like to renew our vows on ship. We have been married 33 years. I do not want to have a party, just a ceremony. Is there any way to do this and not have to take the Bride and Groom package for $750.????
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:19 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Wedding Package

I talked to the wedding coordinator today and she clarified to me that the cake was a "two-tiered cake" , plenty for up to 8 people, which is the max you can have in the "Bride & Groom " package.She also sent a form for cake preferences (Flavor & filling).
btw, she also told me that the nonsailing guests may stay on the ship until 3 pm, before embarkation began.

Sailing the Conquest
Old February 16th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Todd Welch

I don't have all the answers here, but maybe I can help a little bit. Our friends just renewed their vows on the Triumph a few weeks ago. They talked directly to Carnival about what they wanted to do and were told that they would have to purchase at least the minimum package for $750. I think that was the Bride & Groom package. They had their 3 children on the ship with them and my wife, son and I were guests. We were all allowed to board first and then had the ceremony in the Venetion Lounge. It was setup nicely with flowers and chairs. The ceremony took place at 1:30pm and then they had a little reception setup up just down the hall in the Piano Bar. There they had someone cutting a cake and serving champagne. They also provide a ship photographer for the ceremony and reception. We could stay there as long as we wanted and then the photographer took us to pre-arranged places around the ship for pictures. She carried on with just the Bride and Groom at a few more places while we went and got changed. Because we were all staying on the ship...I can not confirm the time we would have had to leave had we not been sailing. A few days later our friends met with the photographer and they had the option of buying some or all of the picutres. Our friends negotiatied a pretty good deal with them...so don't always take their first offer. We also had enough cake left over that they took it to the kitchen and we could have more of it at dinner over the next few nights. This was all included in the $750 (except the actual cost of the pics)
Old February 17th, 2004, 07:58 AM
Andrea A

My husband and I were just married on the Carnival Victory in August. We loved EVERY minute of it. If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. I would be more than happy to answer them. The guests are allowed to stay on the ship until 3:00. Plus you get priority check-in so you're on nice and early. Here's a picture of us with NYC in the background before we set sail. This was about 2 hours before the big "Blackout of 2003". Thank God we were able to set sail and leave the darkness behind... our non-sailing guests were not so lucky.........

Old February 21st, 2004, 08:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Maggie

At what time did you get to preboard the ship? We are getting married in July and we have booked our cruise with 36 guest comming with us.