Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2004, 04:51 AM
First Mate

Default First Miracle cruise: how was it?

To all you lucky people that sailed on the first Miracle cruise, please , let those of us who will have to wait, know what you think of her. Would love to hear opinions of the ship and activities onboard.

Marty

Sailing Miracle 12/12/04
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2004, 11:43 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to Chyna
Default Re: First Miracle cruise: how was it?

Marty,
I am booked for 12/12 too...can't wait to hear the reviews!

Old March 1st, 2004, 01:24 PM
JoanO

I'm booked Easter week - 4/12 - can't wait for reviews!
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:10 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: First Miracle cruise: how was it?

JoanO....I'll be sailing along with you on 4/12....we should be seeing reviews real soon.
Old March 1st, 2004, 02:34 PM
Bungalow Bill

Default Re: Re: Re: First Miracle cruise: how was it?

I'll be on the 4/12 cruise as well
Old March 1st, 2004, 03:40 PM
Admiral

Just picked up our own Anne Campbell at the pier who took the very first 3 day cruise on her and she was pretty impressed. Stay tuned for her review coming soon!
Jim

Old March 1st, 2004, 04:55 PM
Passenger

Sailing on the Miracle 4/3....I'll let you know!

Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

I don't sail on her until February '05, but can't wait to hear the reviews. Someone had posted a link to pictures that were absolutely incredible.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:08 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via Yahoo to disneylynn

Hi. Melisa,
I am also going in Feb 05
We are sailing on 2-20-05
Old March 2nd, 2004, 09:26 AM
Cruise Maniac

disneylyn,

We are cruising the week before 2/13/05. 2/20/05 starts winter vacation here in Mass, and we had planned on going that week as it's easier on Grandma taking care of the kids, but our anniversary is 2/14 so we opted to go the week earlier. I'll be getting off the boat while you get on.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
Cruise Maniac

Sailing Nov 7th 2004. Can't wait to read the reviews.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:12 AM
Passenger

We set sail on the Miracle March 29th 2004! I can't wait! Looking for reviews!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Sharyn Send a message via Yahoo to Sharyn

My hubby and I will be on this cruise....Cant wait!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:07 PM
jljlinda

We sailed the maiden voyage of the Miracle. Just a few comments: Jaxport a great port from which to depart-easy to find & little traffic. Exciting to sail under the bridge where the ship clears by only 6 feet. The inaugral cruise catered to the travel agents. Common folks like us could not get in Nick & Nora's supper club even though we made a mad rush to make reservations immediately after boarding. The supper club had been previously reserved for the travel agents who Carnival was trying to impress. (We were the 9th and 10th persons to check in for the maiden voyage.) For a while, we thought we were the only "paying customers" on the cruise. Apparently, the "in-the-industry" folks were invited to experience the new ship for free. The art work, murals, etc was fantastic, particularly in the atrium. The restaurant was a bit "gaudy." The food was average for a cruise ship. The lobster was excellent, filet was very average, the scrimp scampi was average, the salmon was a bit above average. Don't order the duck! Jessica Lynch, the ship's Godmother, looked great and was on board with her family, except for brother who is still on active duty. (Jessica said that she had never participated in a West Virginia Math Field Day contest because math was her "worst" subject.) The evening entertainment in the theatre was excellent, especially the Carnival singers and dancers. (The show on the last night paid tribute to the Beatles and was great. For the finale, each guest was given a florescent candle to waive in rythm to the final song.) Even though we sail 3-4 times per year (mostly RCCL), we were lost on this ship most of the time due to the floor plan. Our cabin (7234) was not logically located with respect to certain other cabins numbered 7233 and 7235, for example. Debarkation was a disaster. Carnival decided to allow every guest who did not check bagage to be first to disembark. Can you imagine how many people decided to just carry off all their bagage (for a 3 day cruise) in order to be first off? Overall: not too impressed with the maiden voyage of the new ship. Maybe it is because no one used the topless deck due to the cold temperatures or maybe it is because of the day and night we had to spend in Freeport, the worst port in the Caribbean. (Please do not get upset with me for being honest with my opinions. Just thought I should share our feelings since the question was ask.) Great sailing to all!!!!!!
Old March 5th, 2004, 06:16 AM
First Mate

Hi jljlinda,

Thanks for the honest review. Glad to receive it as I know so many of us are waiting to hear about the ship. We are all anxiously awaiting our turn to sail on her. Sailing under the bridge, certainly must have been a thrill. I have driven over it many times, but never suspected that a ship so large could sail under. Thanks again for your post.

Marty
Old March 5th, 2004, 07:21 AM
pokey

Thanks for the review. No one should get upset over your review, as it is your opinion. What floats your boat may not float others boats. I have heard that the main dining room was gaudy, but they did say they are trying to get the grape designs more toned down and more purple than pink. I agree with you also that any maiden voyage is certainly going to cater to the TA"s and not particularly to the passengers! I am afraid to admit I was on a maiden voyage that catered to our group and although it was delightful, it shouldn't be one-sided. It was so wrong of the line Carnival Line to not have any space available for the passengers to use the Supper Club! A percentage of it should have been held for the TA"s but certainly not to hog the whole time. Being the nineth person in line, you should have been able to get a reservation without question! From reading other reviews, I am overall impressed though with Carnival and I am very excited to sail on her. The ship is definitely one of a kind and something to see and experience! Carnival has come a long way and is keeping up with the other cruise lines. Kudos to Carnival.