Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 09:25 AM
Beginner

Default Destiny just returned

This was my second cruise with Carnival I also did the Sensation inaugural cruise back in 1993. We had a good time despite my husband having a problem with his foot and he had to use crutches for a good part of the trip.

St. Thomas was beautiful as usual. We had decided to just go to a beach this day as we would be tired from the travel on Sunday. Our sons had fun in the ocean at Magens Bay, however the on and off rain put a damper on it at times.

I would not go back to Dominica. Here we did the Whale watching tour which was very good however the island itself and the people did not appeal to me. Though the island itself is very pretty it would appear that it also rains alot and there are no nice beaches. I had braids done while there and the girl tried to keep my money when she owed me change. I was not alot but in the end I won the battle. Also those braids are killers on the head. They are very tight and I took all the top ones out on the first day I had it done. I would not do this again. Oh well live and learn.

Barbados was the best!!! We took the "5 Star Catamaran Tour" and I would highly recommend it. Though it was pricey ($85.00 each) it was worth every cent. The crew on board were friendly, knowledgeable and knew how to make sure everyone had a great time. We snorkelled with the Sea Turtles and a huge fish ( which everyone thought was a shark) showed up. Apparently it is called a Tarpon, but it was about 5ft long and resembled a shark. The crew did mention that it was uncommon to see this fish in the water.

Thursday is your day at sea. Basically a relaxing day.

Aruba was nice despite the downpour upon our arrival. We rented a jeep, went to Babys Beach which I was not all that impressed (though there is some good snorkeling there) with then went to another Beach whose name escapes me at the moment (I think it was Rogers Beach) it was much nicer though there were no public washrooms which was a little annoying. (The washrooms at Babys Beach you had to pay 50 cents to use). We then did some off road driving which the kids really enjoyed.

Saturday another day at Sea. I burned my right arm quite badly as I somehow missed putting suntan lotion on an entire arm, what an idiot I am!!! I am a strawberry blonde so I burn fairly easily. I spent most of the day finding a cool wall to lean my arm on.

Sunday was a disaster. I worn you if you are not a US citizen be prepared to wait a good 2 hours to get through immigration. This is Carnivals downfall, they must find a better way to do this. They had 5 immigration officers for the US and only 2 for non residents, it was crazy. Then we had to wait for our colour to be called to disembark, and yes you guessed it our colour (dark pink) was last to be called. Then we waited in line to get on the bus to take us to the airport, then the airport was so packed finding the correct line to get in was almost impossible. We waited an hour in line there, then another 45 minutes in line to get through security. What a day!!!

I don't think I will Cruise with Carnival again, I just find it to be too much of the same thing. The ships all look the same and I like variety. As for the stains on the carpet, so what do we all walk around looking down. The ship, I think is still in good shape. My other complaint was we were sat at a table for only the four us, I would have much preferred to meet some other people. Last time we sat with alot of different people. The food had its ups and downs. The Lido deck is where I think most people choose to eat at the Sun and Sea Restaurant. The dining room food was pretty good, the roast beef was great, really tender. I liked the deserts as most of them were quite light. I did not gain an ounce.

If you are going on the Destiny I am sure you will have a great time, remember a cruise is what you make it. Don't listen to the people who worry about stains on carpets!

Happy Cruising!
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:18 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: Destiny just returned

Leaving this Sunday! Thanks for your review. I am also a beliver that you get out of something what you make of it. We will have a riot I am sure.

Thanks again.

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Destiny just returned

Nicki,

Have a great time!!!

Carolyn
Old February 17th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Destiny just returned

"This was my second cruise with Carnival I also did the Sensation inaugural cruise back in 1993. The ships all look the same and I like variety."..........Skatemom

Hmmmmmmmmm...............interesting. So the Sensation and Destiny look the same? In what way?

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:43 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Destiny just returned

mmmmmm must be the red and white paint???<G>

Majesty Of The Seas 06
Carnival Victory06
Holland America Oosterdam 05
Carnival inspiration04
Carnival Destiny04
Carnival Legend03