Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:00 AM
Passenger

Default First Time Cruisers

HI ME AND MY WIFE WILL BE CELERBRATING OUR 25TH ANNIVERSARY THIS IS OUR FIRST CRUISE WE ARE GOING ON THE LEGEND ON 7/2/2004.OUT OF NWE YORK.WHAT IS IT LIKE WHAT TIME DO WE GET TO THE PIER WE HAVE A CAT.7A BALCONY WITH OBSTRUCTED VIEW ON UPPER LEVEL IS THIS O.K. THANKS FOR ANY INPUT FRANK&DOREEN
Sponsored Links
Old February 17th, 2004, 10:05 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61
Default Re: First Time Cruisers

betts, 1st congratulations! You will love the cruise, you will also love the balcony. The obstructed view I dont' know anything about. If you got your air fare from the cruise line you will be just fine. They take very good care of you. If you did your own air, then you will just have to take a cab to the port. Very very plentiful at all airports. You can do nothing on a cruise or you can get involved in everything! You can do what you want when YOU want to do it. So enjoy!

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old February 17th, 2004, 11:20 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: First Time Cruisers

thanks niki we are leaving from upstate saugerties will be driving down thanks again for the reply frank
Old February 17th, 2004, 03:35 PM
First Mate

I was a first time cruiser too but I just came back from the Imagination on 2/16. I boat alot and thought I wouldn't feel queezy but I was and I am glad I had BONINE. It is great and doesn't make you drowsy! Be sure you bring it!!!
Enjoy!
Old February 17th, 2004, 06:39 PM
George Alex

A word of advice for you Frank and Doreen.[EARLY] Get to the NYC pier as early as you can because if you dont be prepared for LONGLONG lines HOTHOT buildings with no A/C and half of the passengers being angry New Yorkers trying to get there vacation started but first getting on the ship. I learned that the hard way plus I would know about angry new yorkers. I am one. HAVE FUN THE LEGEND IS A GREAT SHIP.
Old February 19th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Passenger

thanks for the info i to am a ney yorker i try not to get angry but you can get annoyed

Frank
Old February 19th, 2004, 03:56 PM
pastordon

Happy Anneversary! Cruising is very romantic and you'll probably have a great time. If your concerned about motion sickness you can buy wrist bands at most drug stores (Sea Bands is one brand) and they have no side effects. Obstructed balconies are good for light and sound but obviously not sight. Don't under estimate the sound of the waves,especially at night. Have a great cruise!
Old February 19th, 2004, 07:10 PM
Passenger

THANKS FOR THE INFO I'M SURE AN OBSTRUCTED VIEW IS O.K. I GUESS YOU SPEND SOME TIME IN THE ROOM BUT MOST OF THE TIME YOU'RE DOING OTHER THINGS

THANKS

FRANK&DOREEN
Old February 20th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Happy Camper

The balcony - obstructed view or not will be awesome! Happy Anniversary! You will have a great time. I'd get to the dock around 11am. That way the passengers will be off from the last cruise and they will be starting to get people through the documents process. Usually you board on Carnival around 12 noon. It used to be earlier but lately it seems they are waiting till noon. I could be wrong. Best advise that I can give is go with the flow and relax - not everything will be perfect but that doesn't ever happen in life - everything will be great though. Just try to leave stuff to do for your next cruise - don't do too much.. Many do and end up wanting a vacation when they get home! Debbie
Old February 20th, 2004, 01:25 PM
First Mate

An obstructed view means that there's probably a life boat in front of your balcony..the life-boat isn't ON your balcony...there will be plenty of room to sit out on your balcony and enjoy the sun from above and the wonderful smell of the sea air. Just don't expect to take many pictures from your balcony.

Congratulations on your 25th!
Old February 20th, 2004, 01:25 PM
jeane

Default Re: Re: First Time Cruisers

I just got off the boat right before you on the 12th. Imagination was great. We had a blast, it was our first cruise and everything we wanted it to be.

Jeane
Old February 21st, 2004, 08:13 AM
Passenger

WOW WHAT AGREAT SITE IM GLAD FOR ALL THE RESPONSES WE ARE GETTIN THANKS TO ALL FOR all THE HELP DOREEN&FRANK