Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 12:30 PM
Mries

Default Funpass Question

I just filled out all the requirements for the funpass and have it printed out. Does this make a difference when you check in? What is the advantage of filling this out? I'm guessing less paperwork we have to fill out at the pier? Any other advantage to this?
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2004, 01:42 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Funpass Question

From what I've read....as we won't use our funpass until April...

They are separating people by whether you've completed the funpass or not. Most of the time it has worked out to where the line is shorter or moves faster if the funpass is completed. (They do ask to see the page you print out showing it was completed.)
There have been some occasions where the fun pass line was so much longer than the other one that it didn't get you in faster. This is a fairly new thing for Carnival....hopefully as the weeks go by they are working out whatever kinks/problems have occurred.
Old February 18th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Mries

Default Re: Re: Funpass Question

Thanks for your reply Sandy! Hoping lines are shorter and faster! : ) Which cruise are taking in April?
We are going on the Glory March 6th.
Old February 19th, 2004, 11:37 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Funpass Question

We just returned from our cruise (Destiny) and for us having the fun pass made no difference. We showed it and were put in a very short line (the line for regular check in was no longer) and then when we got to the counter she did not even ask to see it. I guess it all depends on what time you arrive. Maybe at certain times it is busier therefore making the funpass line move quicker.

Cheers!
Old February 19th, 2004, 12:56 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Funpass Question

I have also read that by having completed all of this info beforehand, your S&S cards are ready at check-in instead of having to get them after check-in. Don't know how much faster it will be but I'll let you know. If you fill out the funpass online before you get your cruise documents, you shouldn't have to show the print out. Why?, because in your cruise documents you are supplied with your boarding pass that says funpass completed. This is what you give the representative, but for safety sake and peace of mind you might want to carry along the printout.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old February 19th, 2004, 05:04 PM
jq

Default Re: Re: Re: Funpass Question

I filled out the funpass data for our 2/8 Pride Mex Riv trip on line and printed out a copy of the completion notice. When we got our docs about a week or less before we sailed, it indicated that we hadn't completed out funpass. Upon arrival in Long Beach, we found the head porter, got our cabin assignment and went to the Queen Mary for early checkin. At the funpass counter, she didn't want to see my printout from the website, and in about 5 minutes, we were done, with out sail cards already filled out. So I think it helps them get all the vital info ahead of time to speed up time in terminal.
Old February 19th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Funpass Question

We just got our cruise docs for our March 14th cruise and it showed the funpass completed on all 3 of us so that was nice Now we'll see if it helps at all!

Either way we have a contact at the pier to ask for (hubby's HR lady used to work for Carnival) so we can speed up embarkation!