Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Tenley

Default Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

Is there any kinda past cruiser type deal on carnival? Some friends and I are going for spring break and two of us are past carnival cruisers, so we were looking to see if we can sign up for any type of VIP thing....
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

we were invited to a past cruiser party and there was free drinks and food. tell the travel agent that you are past cruisers. this year we are getting a surprise upgrade--maybe because it is our third april in a row?
Old February 18th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Tenley

Default Re: Re: Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

what if we booked the trip online? like through orbitz.....hmmm should i call carnival?
Old February 18th, 2004, 06:22 PM
Admiral

Even Orbitz has someone assigned to your booking. That is your TA and that is the individual yu need to contact.
Jim

Old February 18th, 2004, 07:13 PM
Bud Reynolds

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

I e-mail Carnival to let them know I was a past guest and if they where any discount or any thing else. Never got a reply.
Old February 18th, 2004, 08:55 PM
elationismyship

When I checked prices on Carnival they asked if I was a past guest and then gave me a price. When I went online to check prices, Carnival's price wasn't any better (higher actually).

I think they keep track and they do invite you to a past guest party (with 100s others on the cruise), free food and drinks but no big deal.

Old February 18th, 2004, 09:42 PM
First Mate

When you get your documents there is a box to check tha indicates that you are a past guest, also your TA should ask and include your past guest number on your booking. Other than the past guest party the only perk is discounts on select sailings which are listed in the Currents magazine, however even with the discount one can usually do better with a TA that discounts.
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:21 PM
Bud Reynolds

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

The day after I wrote this reply I got a call from my TA. Was upgraded from cat. 8 to a suite, cat. 11. Go figure. Ain't fussing though.
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

i think they try to take care of past cruisers i got an upgrade too and it is our third spring cruise with carnival.
Old February 21st, 2004, 07:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Carnival Past Cruisers VIP?

I got my docs last week for our March cruise and it has no box to check for past guest.
Where is this box located? I did the funpass for all 3 of us and it does say we have completed them.

On our last cruise (triumph) we had sailed prior on the Sensation and we were invited to the past guest party. We didn't have to notify anyone. It was automatic and we got the invitation under our cabin door of where and when it was.

Old February 21st, 2004, 07:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

i called my ta and she called carnival and they gave me a past cruiser # for each of us in the family
Old February 22nd, 2004, 10:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Carnival has some specials right now for past guest but they are on particular ships and sail dates. When speaking to my Carnival Vacation Planner I asked for any passed guest specials and those were the only ones. My own TA tells me that she could get the same pricing for non passed guest as well. Also the price I got from my own TA was cheaper than carnivals own quote to me. Also carnivals planner told me that she couldn't garantee an upgrade as its pretty much the luck of the draw. I ended up booking with my own TA because I waited for 3 days for my vacation planner to call me back with final numbers and she didn't so I booked through my TA. Thats the second time a carnvial planner does that to me. I don't know if thats the norm but my TA got back to me within 20 minutes with a balcony stateroom special. A special that the carnival rep didn't have. Go figure. If anyone else has had the same experience with carnival reps I would like to know.
Arlene
Old March 24th, 2006, 02:58 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival Personal TA comment

This is also in response to Arlene:
Yes, the Carnival "personaltravel agent" has done the same for me..nothing. I have tried to quote trips, leave messages etc. Never get a return response or answer after being told they would call back.

I went online thru a Cruisemates service (advertiser) to find cruise pricing and had it by the next morning or sooner.

All I have gotten from Carnival TA's so far..phone calls, emails and if I call with a general question.. is your TA Carnival? if not, call them we cannot help you.
Glad I found a wonderful private travel agent who helps me often within the same hour!
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old March 24th, 2006, 03:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Past cruisers who have been on less than 10 cruises get to attend the past cruiser party and get a pin. Some cruise dates and some categories may also include discounts - but not all.

At 10 or more cruises with Carnival - you get Platinum status where you get the VIP- Skippers club benefits and some little extras.

If you book a suite (cat 11 or higher) you automatically get the skippers club.
Old March 24th, 2006, 04:12 PM
Passenger

We booked a cat.11 suite for our first cruise 4/2 on valor and I was wondering what skippers club is and what are the benefits. Do I have to do anything to sign up for it?
Old March 24th, 2006, 04:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

I'm very surprised to see some of the above posts about Carnival PVPs.

I don't know why they would have to 'get back to you' when you're requesting a quote. My PVP gives me all the info I need when I make that call - total price, any perks, etc. All in about 10-15 minutes.

Past Guest Specials are run several times a year. They are not automatically given when you book a cruise. I get emails when they are running the specials.

Look under the thread "PLATINUM" somewhere on the first page of this forum. Explains all about the regular, Gold, and Platinum status of Carnival. They continue to add perks to the Platinum status.

As for the Past Guest Party - I wouldn't miss it! It is not announced in the "Capers", as it's a private party. You will receive an invitation delivered to your cabin. You also get a ship's lapel pin. The party itself is very nice. Complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres passed around on trays. If you want a different type drink other than what's offered, you simply go to the bar in that room and order whatever you like....all comp.

At the party (which is not to be confused with the Captain's Welcome Party on another night).... A combo plays, some folks dance, the Captain and Cruise Director are in attendance, and the Captain draws names for bottles of champagne. A short video "History of Carnival" is shown, and it's very interesting, even if I've seen it many times. It's a very nice way to spend about 45 minutes of your cruise! I would never miss it.

About getting 'better deals' when booking through an outside agency, local TA or online - Any agency can offer whatever they wish. If you look hard enough and do your homework, you can get 'deals'. I always ask my Carnival PVP if there is anything wonderful she can do for me....and I have yet to pay full fare for a cruise, because she always finds some little perk, shipboard credit, etc. for me! If you see a lower rate than you paid, you can either get reduced final payment (if you haven't made final payment) - or you can get shipboard credits, if after final payment.

And no - Once you are booked with an outside agency, Carnival will NOT "interfere" with that booking. So, any questions you have must go through your booking agent. It's not that Carnival doesn't want to assist you with your questions, but...why should they...your agent is the one making the commission, so they should have to do the work for you.

Hope that explains some of the things y'all were questioning...?

14 Carnival cruises
3 Princess cruises
2 HAL cruises
2 NCL cruises
3 RCL cruises
All fantastic voyages!
Old March 24th, 2006, 04:50 PM
First Mate

Default Skipper's Club

As a cat 11 , on your documents in the corner it should read: Skippers Club - VIP Checkin.
At most ports there is a special area or room set aside for checking in. Just show any Carnival rep or tell them Skippers Club and they should direct you. For us, it allowed us past the already forming line, processed documents privately and awaited boarding. The only people that boarded prior were those in a wedding party. Sure made it a great way to start the cruise, especially since we were in hot San Juan.
Hope this describes it well. It did not offer any other obvious perks. No priority for getting off the ship, or luggage.
Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:52 PM
First Mate

Thank you BlueChef, I was getting worried I was the only one out there who was extremely satisfied with Carnival PVPs...I have booked through Carnival the last 6 years (14 cruises) and have found they offer me much better deals than the TAs and I have never had a bad experience with their PVPs. I would recommend that everyone log into carnival.com and register your cruises on the "cruise history" page. This will allow you to keep track of your cruises. I usually do tell the PVP that I am a past cruiser, but typicall all you have to do is give them your phone number and they can access your "history" so in general, they know I've cruised before. In terms of perks for past passengers. The Platinum (on your 10th cruise) allows you VIP check-in, laundry services, past passenger party, chocolates in your cabin on one evening and a Carnival pin.

I've never had an issue with getting someone to call me from Carnival. Maybe it's the luck of the draw, but I've been doing this for approx 6 years and find the prices are cheaper/comparable and the service suits me just fine.
Old March 25th, 2006, 01:46 AM
Admiral

Im about to book my 4th Carnival cruise, with a singles agency. I know they reserve a block of cabins in advance, does anyone know if Im elegable for an upgrade even if I choose my cabin number? Would an upgrade be from an ocean view to say a balcony or would it just be a higher deck same catagory?
Old March 25th, 2006, 07:46 AM
Admiral

I, myself, have nothing but good things to say about the reps with Carnival. They have always been courteous, informative and passisive when I have had contact with them. Of course, I use only one rep when I do this, I keep her name and number in my computer files as she emails me regularly with specials and other happenings.

Cruised more times than I can remember.

Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Courage and perserverance have a magical talisman; before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into the air.

Pick your company wisely! Hang around people who are going to help you become all God created you to be.
Old March 25th, 2006, 09:08 AM
Familiar Face

As with any other business, there are good and bad people in each.
We had an excellant PVP for a few years, she went above and beyond at every turn. She had to leave for a better(higher paying)job
The new PVP I got was not as attentive or accomidating so I moved on and booked thru our friends TA and got what we wanted(and more) 8)
Old June 4th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Beginner

1st time poster here. Short and sweet.
My PVP ***edited by moderator*** has given me nothing but the best of service and cruise bookings. We have booked 3 out of 4 cruises with him and have had all or any info we needed at the time we (my wife) contacted him. If we have any questions he answers truthfully and does not try to hide anything.
I have shopped many TA's and internet sites before calling and can honestly say there is no one that could match or equal the deal I got.
One plus for the TA we booked a Fantasy cruise...... nice chilled bottle of Brut waiting.

I'll take the deal.
Old June 7th, 2006, 12:16 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

I'm glad to read that others have had good experiences with their PVP. I have had an awesome relationship w/ my PVP. In fact, I started using her after she jumped through hoops to book my bosses 1st cruise a few years back. We talk all the time, exchange Christmas cards, etc. She is truly wonderful and if I thought I could, I would recommend her by name. Recently, she was out on a medical leave of absence because her mother was ill. I booked a surprise anniversary cruise with a standin PVP who wasn't very good. Luckily, she returned and was able to make everything better for me. We also got upgraded from an OV to a balcony for our cruise this summer to make up for the experience!!! Although my hubby and kids don't know as I want it to be a surprise.

Quick question, how does one put the countdown in their signature? I haven't been able to figure it out....but I do know that I have 53 days until our trip on the Conquest!!!!!!
Old June 7th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Admiral

Hi izards,

Welcome to Cruisemates!

Go here:

http://cruisemates.com/forum/imagefaq.php

to see how to put a countdown clock in your signature.

I'd love to see your DH and kid's faces when they "discover" the balcony !

Have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old June 7th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

Find a great PVP, stick with them. I am actually cruising with my PVP on the Sensation Nov 2006. There are 9 of us cruising, 7 of us are here in Orlando and the other two are our PVP and his guest. He told a my best friend when he was cruising, then we all ended up booking. I have always booked my cruises with my TA, but for the short cruises I book with my PVP ( stay with my TA of 17 yrs for cruises that are more difficult to plan). We have never met in person, but he told me that I am only the second Carnival guest he has booked that he has ever given his personal cell number and email to (the first being my best friend- that I met on a Carnival cruise).

There are great PVP's out there - you can always ask for another one if you don't like the one you are with. I will stay with mine for as long as he is with Carnival. I have 6 friends cruising with me in September and upon my recommendation - they all booked with my PVP and are very pleased.

Jodi
Old June 7th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to izards

Ok, so I've added the image...let's see if it worked.

BTW, what is a "DH". I've seen it a lot, but I don't know what it is.
Old June 8th, 2006, 04:52 PM
Passenger

Just to say "Ditto" on the PVP's that take care of you. Have never had an upgrade in 6 trips with Carnival, but I usually book last minute, and My PVP has always taken pretty good care of me. He recently left and was replaced with another guy, who also took pretty good care of me for this latest booking.

Oh well, Carnival Valor, Here I come !

[img]/countdown.php?month=06&year=2006&day=18&hour=12:00[/img
Old June 8th, 2006, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Hi izards,

It worked! A DH is a Dear Husband (or if you're mad at him, a D*** Husband !).

Hi keysguy,

You're missing the final bracket on your clock. Put it in and your clock should work!

Hope you both have a wonderful cruise!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old June 8th, 2006, 08:27 PM
Passenger

Yeah, I figured that as soon as I posted it...
Oh What the hell...
Lets Try cause I'm So DA***ed excited!

[img]/countdown.php?month=06&year=2006&day=18&hour=12:00[/img]