Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2004, 08:25 PM
MrMarkD

Default Re: Don't leave home without it !

A 'nice' sleeveless t-shirt or tank top with 'matching' ball-cap. 90% of the day, you will not need real shorts... swim trunks suffice (nice board shorts). That is over 1/2 of your bag that you can now unpack and replace with tequila.
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Don't leave home without it !

Cortisone cream. Snorkeling in the Bahamas left me with a rash from hundreds of tiny jelly fish. It was painless but it was still a rash. Ship did not have any. Also Aloe Vera Gel for sun burn. The only thing on board was an Aloe Vera spray that didn't work as well and when it dried it actually made my husbands sunburn worse. Keep the gel in the fridge. Of course my husband would not have needed the gel if he had LISTENED to me and used the sun screen to begin with. I am very fair and burn easily. Coppertone Sport worked great. Of course I looked like a walking marshmellow with all the stuff on me but it allowed me to have a great day at the beach. The pride had shampoo and bath gel dispensers in the shower but they seemed extremly watered down. Used my stuff instead. I'm sure this was mentioned but something to carry sign and sail card around the neck. I never had a pocket and of course when I knocked on our cabin door my husband was on the balcony and couldn't hear me. But never fail. Our cabin steward was always in the hall way to let me in. Just my two cents worth.
Arlene
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Don't leave home without it !

You are very wise, Arlene! (Wouldn't be nice if our hubbys benefited from our wisdom?? haha) I saw one guy at the beginning of our last cruise, VERY white and guess he decided he wanted a quick tan! Well, I couple of days later I saw him and he looked like a LOBSTER! Nothing can ruin your vacation faster than a painful sunburn!

So yes, I agree, good sunscreen before and some nice aloe vera afterwards if needed...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 22nd, 2004, 09:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Don't leave home without it !

Thanks Jean.
But my husband will probably do the same thing on our next cruise in June. Oh this guy walked bare foot on the ships deck all day and had to be treated for severe burns to his feet at one of the ports. He was returned to the ship in a wheel chair with both feet bandaged. Can you imagine how terrible to spend the rest of his cruise like this. I noticed you were on the Holiday in