Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2004, 08:25 PM
seasongs

Default Carnival Ecstasy

Dear Fellow Cruisers - Any info on Carnival's ECSTASY? We're taking the short trip to Catalina Island and Ensenada this spring, and have only sailed with Holland America. We LOVE Holland America, but we're sailing this shorter cruise with some first-timers. Any info from Carnival veterans would be appreciated. Many thanks!

Seasongs
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Carnival Ecstasy

I am heading out Monday -- will post a lot of pics for you.

Been on Ecstasy before and had a great time.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old February 19th, 2004, 08:58 PM
seasongs

Default Re: Re: Carnival Ecstasy

Wow - thank you so much! We'll look forward to photos and review! This forum thing is a great idea! Happy cruising!
Old February 19th, 2004, 09:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via ICQ to Mich
Default Re: Carnival Ecstasy

Hi! I posted the same message a few days ago.........we're going the first week of May
I hear it's a nice ship.......went thru renovations after a fire, when are you going?
Old February 23rd, 2004, 01:37 AM
seasongs

Default Re: Re: Carnival Ecstasy

Seems like ECSTASY is kinda old - and they sure pack a lot of cruisers aboard! How are Carnival's outside cabins? We have a "guaranteed outside" - won't know our cabin until boarding day - an adventure in itself. :-)
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:52 PM
otisp

Default Re: Re: Re: Carnival Ecstasy

We were in one of the Veranda rooms a couple of months ago (we won the trip at a company xmas party) on the 3 day. The room was very nice (except that the weight room was right over us). I went with low expectations and was VERY pleasantly surprised. The food was outstanding and the staff was extremely nice. The Ecstasy is showing its age in a few places (chipped sink, etc.), but not in the places that you'd expect (upholstery and carpet looked fine). The decor is very Vegas-in-the-80's, but it's very clean and the crew looks like it is serious about keeping it up.

While in Ensenada we decided to take the wine tour and had a terrific time (even though the wine itself was mediocre, the guide was wonderful).

As you've probably read elsewhere, the Ecstasy is being replaced on this route by a newer ship later this year (of the same design).
Old February 24th, 2004, 06:01 PM
seasongs

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Carnival Ecstasy

Thanks for the info - good to hear that you had a pleasant experience aboard ECSTASY. We're in a guaranteed ocean view - makes the trip a little adventuresome - I'm sure we'll be happy with the cruise - just to cruise is a great thing! :-) I did not know they were replacing the vessel later this year. We are not familiar with Carnival.

Thanks again for taking the time to share.