Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 22nd, 2004, 06:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default I NEED HELP !!!!

Cruise Mates I need help. My first cruise was last October on the Conquest which was the best thing that I have ever done. But I had a problem and I need it solved before my next cruise on the Glory in September. I have to sleep with a Bipap machine and on my cruise I could not get the machine to work and by the last day of the cruise I was falling asleep everywhere and I don't want this to happen again. So can someone tell me why the machine didn't work? It runs on regular 110 outlet.
Please Help!!
Anna
Sponsored Links
Old February 22nd, 2004, 07:04 AM
Krys

Default Re: I NEED HELP !!!!

That sure would cause a problem. My son was on one on a trip through the United States and it stoped working on the second night and needless to say I was awake the rest of the trip till it got fixed. It was not an enjoyable vacation for me. After that I contacted the company and took a spare with me on vacations. Check with your Bipap company and insurance, it did cost a little more for the extra rental but has proven to be well worth the investment.

11-19-1989 Festval
5-30-2004 Destiny (here we come)
Old February 22nd, 2004, 11:30 AM
mperrea

Have to wonder what the problem was. I was using my CPAP on the Spirit with the help of an extension cord only, connected to the make-up table outlet. Were you plugged in the bathroom outlet or the counter outlet ? Did you ask the purser to help you try it elsewhere and see if it was an intermittent power problem in your stateroom. If it functionned fine once home, perhaps you should also look at where you were storing it when in use. If It was in the little bed table, maybe there was insufficient air availlable and the system has an overheat shut-off. Just thoughts thrown out here, but bottom line, I would contact the supplier to see if they have encountered a similar problem. Good luck.
Mike,
Spirit Jan 18th,
Pride12-02
Elation12-01
Triumph12-00
Sensation10-99
Inspiration12-98
Sovereign of the Seas12-97
Scandinavian Sky04-82
Old February 22nd, 2004, 05:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: I NEED HELP !!!!

My Bipap worked just fine at home before and after the cruise. I tried plugging it into the dressing table outlet with and without an extension cord. I was wondering if I needed to purchase a conversion plug or something. I didn't ask for help on the ship because I figured that the machine had been broke in transit . I didn't try it again until I reached home and my husband plugged the thing in and it worked. Believe me the next cruise if it doesn't work I will ask for help from someone.

Thanks for all of your thoughts.

Anna
Old February 23rd, 2004, 08:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Anna,
I can't offer any help since I don't know what a Bipap is but I will be sailing on the conquest in june and would love to hear about your cruise.
Thanks,
Arlene
Old February 23rd, 2004, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Did you try to plug it into another outlet in the room? Or some other place on the ship?

If it worked when you got home then it sounds like the power on the ship was the problem, which meant it could've been resolved so you wouldn't have had the problem for very long.

Regards,
Thomas