We are cruising on the Conquest in August with 2 other couples. Our ages are 27-35. I'm REALLY on the fence about whether or not cruising is for me. I booked a category 11 suite so I can spend some time on the balcony or in the cabin if the crowds get to me (I am excited and planning to have a great experience, but I wanted the suite as a back up plan). My questions are:
1. Is there a limit on the number/weight of suitcases?
2. Is there a good way to smuggle alcohol on board?
3. Is the food good?
4. If I don't like what I order can I order a second entree?
5. Should I book shore excursions through carnival or through agencies in the ports?
6. Does anyone know of a good scuba operation in jamaica?
7. Should I dive or do the dolphin encounter in cozumel?
8. What is ship time vs. port time?
9. On the empress deck, is the swaying very bad?
10. How likely am I to get sea sick?
11. What are some odd items that I should pack - what did you most wish for while on board?
12. Anyone ever stay in a suite, and what are the differences in service that come with that room category?
Thanks in advance. I've enjoyed reading many of the posts on this site and plan to come here a lot between now and then!