Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Beginner

Default carnival fantasy HELP

My wife and I are going on our first cruise and taking are kids 11,7,and 4. Would like any information on the ship. We are looking forward to the best time ever. Have not been on a vacation for ten years. We leave the 29th of Feb.

Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2004, 08:06 PM
First Mate

Default Re: carnival fantasy HELP

When you get to Freeport, get away from the dock. There's not much there and it's not very pretty. Much more to do in nearby Port Lucaya. Nassau is much nicer with lots of things to do. Fantasy is an older ship but very well maintained and just refurbished. I like my dinners in the dining room and prefer breakfast at the buffett on Lido deck. Don't miss the shows. Take the kids to the front of the Sports deck outside the track for a great view with plenty of breeze. You and the Mrs. check out the balcony on either side at the back of Lido deck buffett. Have a great cruise!
Old February 24th, 2004, 10:14 PM
Admiral

The Fantasy is a beautiful ship and your kids will have a great time. My 13 yo and I sailed her in January and had a great time. the kids program is terrific and they'll love the pool! You and your wife will enjoy the shows and the food! The kids will will dig the 24 hour pizza bar and the 24 hour ice cream machine on the Lido deck.

We went on a glass bottom boat tour in Nassau. In Freeport at Port Lucaya there were lots of kids on the beach and playing on a HUGE water trampoline having a ball. Yes, Freeport is ugly at the pier, but other parts of Freeport are quite lovely. Lucayan National Park is supposed to have one of the prettiest beaches in Freeport.

Have a great time!
dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old February 25th, 2004, 12:05 PM
Beginner

testing countdown clock

Old February 27th, 2004, 09:33 PM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to pk

We just got back from a Fantasy cruise earlier this month. It was our first cruise and I enjoyed it so much! The staff was wonderful on the ship and there is so much to do. We only went to the straw market in Freeport but their was so much to do in Nassau, we just couldn't fit it all in. It is really beautiful there. We went to the Atlantis, to a beach and on a glass bottom boat. I think if I return I will go to the Blue Lagoon because I've heard it is incredible there. It takes about 45 minutes to get there and it was going to be an all day thing but it would have been really relaxing. Our day was a little hectic trying to do so much.
I hope you enjoy your trip as much as we did.
Old February 29th, 2004, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: carnival fantasy HELP

PK,
Will you be posting a trip report? We are leaving on the Fantasy in April for a first time cruise and I would appreciate any comments you have.

Carnival Fantasy
Old March 5th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Beginner

Hey MN Cruiser,
We just got back from our first cruise. The Fantasy was a very pretty ship they do a great job of keeping it clean. It was much nicer than I was expected after people said it was the oldest. It was beautiful. We had a great time and the kids loved it. Mine are 11,7 and 4. The food was great and the service was outstanding, with the exception of a couple of bartenders. The other thing was the kids camp was great but we found that when we were at shows or playing games we had to leave because kids camp said you had to pick up kids at certain times. They could fix that a little and it would be better.
We booked a ocean view cabin on rivera deck and got upgraded to the main deck. It was ok but the rooms are small for five people. But we did manage. Next time we will spend the little extra and get the cat 12 suite.
Overall we had a great time and can not wait until our next trip.

Old March 5th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Admiral

Hey Tom, next time I would suggest spending the extra money on another, adjoining, room for the kids rather than a suite. You will be more comfortable and have more room and the biggest advantage is you have a second bathroom.

Regards,
Thomas
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Tom - We cruise with our children so there are 5 of us. We always book a second room, either adjoining or right next to each other. We've found that works best because of the second bathroom and it has been cheaper than booking the suite.

Darcy
Old March 5th, 2004, 05:54 PM
Cruisingal54

I love the Fantasy. She's my favorite shortie cruise ship. I can't wait to go on her again since she's been all spiffed up.