Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:42 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default First Cruise Ever and I'm so EXCITED

My best friend and I have decided to leave the husbands, kids, pets, work, etc. etc. and do a "we're turning 50 girls only" cruise in the spring of 2005.

We've decided on West Car. and we both are thinking the Victory. Any thoughts, idea's, advice would be very much appreciated. She's made me the cruise planner so I get to make all the choices
Sponsored Links
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:48 AM
MichelleJed

Default Re: First Cruise Ever and I'm so EXCITED

Hi Breeze,

My sister and I are doing the same thing on the Paradise in May, we are new to cruising and are reading every thing we can get our hands on.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!!!
Old February 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Shipbound

I believe the Valor will be out by then, check that out.

Gary.
Old February 25th, 2004, 11:14 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: First Cruise Ever and I'm so EXCITED

My best friend has got this thing about wanting to climb Dunn's Falls and the Valor doesn't go to oho rios. Should be interesting to watch since between the 2 of use we only have 1 good knee and I'm terrified of heights. BUT, the only way I could get her to agree to swim with the stingrays was to agree to climb the stupid waterfall with her since she is convinced that the stingrays will "sting" her (must get the hang of inserting smileys since I really need a rolling eyes one here).
Old February 25th, 2004, 11:31 AM
bill123

my dear I have done both swim with the stingrays in gran cayman and climbed the falls you will both enjoy both of them, dont worry about dunns river its not high what so ever its more like climbing a hill its very easy and very nice. you girls have a hoot.
Old February 25th, 2004, 11:39 AM
Admiral

Dunns River Falls is a bit of a challenge, as you are climbing the falls while the water is going down around you, but usually you have a guide who will hold your hand and help you up the falls. If you do not wish to climb the falls, there is a very sturdy stairway along the side of the falls where you can still view the beauty of it and watch others climb and still get some beautiful pictures of the scenery.

So do not pass it up!! My husband & I opted for the stairway and still enjoyed the splendid beauty of the area, as well as the festive catamaran ride to and from! The energetic music they were playing on the way back really made for a party atmosphere! Just watch out for that Rum Punch, it really packs a wallop!

Have fun!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 25th, 2004, 01:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hmm, rum punch sounds very interesting. Probably should wait till after I crawl up the falls while not looking down and praying to every god in every universe while cursing my best friend for making me do this. See the deal is, I can't take the stairs if I want her to get in the water with the stingrays with me so I have to do this and the worst part is I have a WHOLE YEAR to think about.
Old February 25th, 2004, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Well, you know when you have enough Rum Punch when it starts becoming Pum Runch...

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 25th, 2004, 03:40 PM
Passenger

My mom, sis,s-i-l, s-i-l's sis & I are doing a "girls night out" cruise this fall. We're doing a 4 day to Key West & Cozumel. This will be my 5th cruise and I am soooo excited. First one with the girls. We're calling it "Cruising with the GALS- Girls Addicted to Life on a Ship." I"ll have to make us some shirts.
Old February 25th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Amy Hissong

TinaB: How cute is that?? GALS! I love it!
Old February 25th, 2004, 09:04 PM
Passenger

Thanks Amy!

I love cruising & we can't wait for this weekend getaway. We've never done this before.
Old February 26th, 2004, 05:08 AM
Lisa Bond

We did the swim with the Stingrays on Thanksgiving 2003. I admit I was apprehensive at first but when I saw 5 year old kids in there having fun (I am a 43 year old woman), I thought what the heck! I even held a huge stingray. The tour guides are wonderful in helping you feel comfortable and the stingrays are like pets. You will have a wonderful time and you will NEVER forget it!