Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 20th, 2004, 02:25 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise
Default Re: WORST VACTION EVER!!!

The thing is, they really HAVE to exempt themselves from liability just for such a case. They have to allow themselves a defense against lawsuits and charges when they had no option other than to do what they did because of circumstances beyond their control. If they didn't they'd run out of money really.
Every company has fine print. If they didn't they wouldn't be able to survive in today's world of lawsuits.
I hope everyone understands now like waters does that Carnival has to protect themselves, has given you a gift , and you have to make the most of it.

Old March 20th, 2004, 02:42 PM
mr. cheezewizz

Does anyone remember laughter?
Old March 20th, 2004, 02:56 PM
dora marie

Has anybody heard from Carnival, with any of the refunds for the day missed, or gotten a credit of any sort, for our 1/2 price cruise.....Just wondering....
Old March 20th, 2004, 07:34 PM
Chris Mitchell

Default Re: Re: WORST VACTION EVER!!!

Having cruised 15 times..we have had our share of disappointments and missed ports. The most disappointing was the Star Princess last Aug. We lost our first day aboard due to a norwalk outbreak and sanitation procedures. (shipboard credit extended $50pp) Lost 3 hrs in Juneau due to the delay leaving Seattle (had to miss our trip to the glacier as planned) , Princess knew our excursion in Ketchikan was changed from the Lumberjack show to a 'lumberjill' show TV taping and wouldn't refund the tour after we complained (wasted our 5 hr port time there) , then the last port of Victoria was missed even tho 2 other ships were there docked just FINE at the same time!!! We were refunded a big total $4.56pp tax refund on our final statement.

I think the compensation offered by Carnival is more than generous!!!!!!!! I am sure they were doing their best to scramble to find transportation with all the insanity of Mardi Gras!! It had to be hard not to be able to go to Jamicia and Grand Cayman..I can understand the disappointment. Hopefully in time you will find some resolution and will want to give Carnival another try. Chances are your next voyage will be as scheduled and you will have the cruise vacation you had hoped for.

Chris Mitchell
Old March 21st, 2004, 08:34 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to UConn1 Send a message via MSN to UConn1

I have to agree with Chris. A couple of years ago, I had a bad, really bad, experience with Carnival on my 8th cruise with them. Even as angry as I was about the way we were treated and how bad the vacation was(and it was 14 nights), I gave Carnival another chance later in the year. I am glad I did, It was my best cruise to date. Don't let one bad experience ruin the past/future great ones.

Old March 21st, 2004, 08:47 AM
starfighter

Yes, as a matter of fact, I have been notified via my travel agent that I have until 12/15/05 to schedule a cruise at 50% OFF THE ADVERTISED PRICE of any cruise on Carnival cruiselines. It has been notated on the travel agent's computer records and I have a copy of it from my email.
Old March 21st, 2004, 08:50 AM
Passenger

Send a message via Yahoo to pk

You know, life is what it is. Sometimes good things happen, sometimes bad. I'm a very optimistic person. Why so much anger? Isn't it better to have a bad experience on a cruise when most people never get the chance to try it at all? Life could be a whole lot worse!!
We went on our very first cruise last month with Carnival and it was a wonderful experience! From the time we stepped off the plane, Carnival was there waiting and everything went exactly as planned the whole trip. The staff was great to us! I would go again in a heartbeat.
I really believe things are what you make of them. If you have a bad attitude and are a cranky person, life falls right in line with that. So cheer up! Don't look for things to complain about and look at mishaps as adventures! Believe me, I've had some pretty crazy vacations before, but now I look back on them and laugh. So you had a bad experience--LET IT GO!! Life is way too short!