Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:02 PM
LVASQUEZ

Default ALTAN HA MAYAN SITE/RIVER WALLACE

HAS ANYONE TAKEN THIS SHORE EXCURSION IN BELIZE? AND HOW DID YOU LIKE IT AND DID YOU USE THE CRUISE LINE?
Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2004, 05:32 PM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise
Default Re: ALTAN HA MAYAN SITE/RIVER WALLACE

I went on the Altun Ha ruins tour only and it was quite interesting. I used the line.

Old March 1st, 2004, 08:40 PM
First Mate

We toured with the ship (Paradise) in December/03 and took the tour you are talking about. We thought this tour was the hilight of the entire cruise. We drove thru Belize city and out into the country side. It is quite an education. You will see many of the houses in the country look as if they were abandoned, but the local people save a sum of money, buy the land, and when they save more money they begin construction of a house. It is an ongoing project. They say that they hope to give the grandchildren a home some time. The ruins are very spectacular. You are able to climb to the top of one of the pyramids. It should be taken slowly, but you can do it. I am 74 with a knee replacement and did it. I am also female.
You then ride to the river and board a open boat and travel down the river. Along the way you can see a lot of wildlife. We sat unusual birds, bats crocodile, iguana and howler monkeys. If you are going soon, be sure to take along a sunscreen, hat, and maybe long sleeves. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did. Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Marty.

Miracle 12/12/04
Old March 2nd, 2004, 03:50 PM
First Mate

The river ride was spectacular. We saw manatees, monkeys, crocadiles, lizards and a lot of birds. Very nice. I was extremely disappointed in the ruins. It seems that they have repaired it to the point that they didn't seem old? There were 6 I believe. 1 was just a hump of grass, some were a hump of grass with some pretty square hunks of rock.It was nice going up to the top of the tall one. It was probably the size of a football field, maybe smaller. I guess I was just expecting more?