Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 1st, 2004, 09:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Ecstasy Photos of Ship & Cabin

The subject says it all -- find them under "Interactive Features" and photo galleries. Should be near the top or just search my name, Harry Martin.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:01 PM
seasongs

Default Re: Ecstasy Photos of Ship & Cabin

Thanks for the great photos of the ECSTASY, Harry - how kind of you to take them and post them for us! We sail March 22, and are really looking forward to it. Did you park at the pier in Long Beach? We understand it's $10 bucks a day.

How was the weather? So, they tender you to Catalina; but do they pull up to a dock in Ensenada?

Thanks so much. Wow - looks like you'll be cruising again very soon. We hope you have a great trip!

Blessings, seasongs
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:00 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Ecstasy Photos of Ship & Cabin

Seasongs,

When I went (by myself) Art just picked me up, but when we in January on the Monarch, we just parked at the pier. You're right -- $10 a day, and very secure.

I lucked out on weather -- it was raining cats and dogs in San Diego where we live, but in Catalina it was partly cloudy and clear in Ensenada. I did bring long cotton pants to wear in port, which was a good choice -- most temps were in the mid-60s. Didn't need a jacket though (but I am prone to run warm).

You're correct on the tenders and the docking in Ensenada. Get to the tenders before 10 a.m. -- the line was long. In town, try booking the golf cart before noon -- 3 hours for the price of 2 at $60. Or you can use the tram bus, which has an all-day pass for something like $5 and it will take you all over the island. For a quickie tour, the Avalon scenic for 45 minutes gave you enough info to know what you were seeing -- ran $15.

In Ensenada, the Bufadora tour is fun at $13 at the pier (or a taxi will take you there with 4 people). The wine country tour is great, too, and runs $35 or so on the Ecstasy. I like to just walk around downtown, too.

Finally, I hope you are lucky enough to get our waitress and assistant waitress -- Veroniki and Marija. They were wonderful and very personal.

Hope you have an excellent cruise!

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!