Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 2nd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rehr
Default Room Size?

Hello... I will be going on my first cruise this April. I booked an upper/lower room and I was wondering has anyone seen these rooms.. if so could you tell me what I can expect? We will be going on Paradise. I would have loved to have booked a nicer room but we found such a great price we couldn't pass up($425 for 7 day eastern carribean including port charges and tax). Thanx sooooo... much.

Hopeful Undetermined Cruise
Past Cruises:
Paradise 4/11/04
Sponsored Links
Old March 2nd, 2004, 07:19 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Room Size?

Our travel agent orriginally booked us in this room on the glory 4/10/04 and thanks to the wonderful people on this board we found out it has bunk beds and a pull out twin bed, very small and they are either in the very front of the ship near the anchor, or the very back of the ship where you will lose weight trying to get to dinner, we have asked and were granted a free upgrade to a 4b cabin, I suggest you do the same.
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin

I routinely book these as a guarantee on Carnival, and always have ended up with a normal inside cabin.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old March 2nd, 2004, 08:45 PM
Admiral

I saw them on the Fantasy (Paradise is a Fantasy class ship, too) and was pretty glad we booked a 4A instead. I've heard several experienced cruisers (including Harry) say they book them and have always been upgraded, but the rule of thumb that I have *also* heard is book the minimum you can live with. I didn't think I could live with abunk room, so went for the 4A. The cost difference was minimal AND we got an upgrade to a 4d. Check out an upgrade to a 4A just to see....

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old March 2nd, 2004, 11:30 PM
First Mate

Harry, I love the video now on the bottom of your posts!

Natalie

Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:16 PM
ElationismyShip

My husband and I always book the bunk bed rooms - price is our biggest consideration. We have never (in 8 cruises) gotten an upgrade, they say it's possible but hasn't happened - don't really care either. The room is suprising big compared to what people had told me . . . . not bad at all, the top bunk - which folds down, was very comfortable. I always take the top since he weighs so much more than me it makes me a little nervous (if you know what I mean). Now don't take me wrong, if they gave me an upgrade, great but really the bunk bed rooms are just fine! At least on Carnival they are, not sure about other lines.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:27 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to rehr

Thanx so much..... as long as I have a place to sleep I think I will be fine..lol. But... since I booked online with a travel broker I am not allowed to change my reservations without penalty.. oh well.... At least I am not on the riviera deck(bottom floor)... I will be on the upper deck(3rd from bottom) it should be ok.. I just wish I could wake up every morning to the ocean outside my window.. (what a way to start the day..huh) Well if all goes well this cruise maybe I will book a better room next time.. HAPPY CRUISING.....

Hopeful Undetermined Cruise
Past Cruises:
Paradise 4/11/04
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:36 PM
ElationismyShip

Unless you book a suite with a veranda even with a window you wouldn't hear the ocean outside - way to thick of glass. Just wait and see, you'd be amazed how little you are in the room and how it really isn't that important (at least to me). The difference from the Riviera deck to 3 decks up isn't worth the money - look exactly the same and as far as motion in the room - literally no different. Biggest place it makes a different is if your in the very front of the boat or up on a veranda suite on the 13th floor. We have been on 8 cruise - most in bunks, a few on a little higher floor and we also had one cruise in a penthouse suite (13 floor from the bottom). We won it playing bingo on the previous cruise. The penthouse suite was the worst as far as ship motion - Carnival has since started putting these suite rooms in the middle of the ship a few floors down in the new ship designs - I was on the Holiday in this room. I had never gotton sick, except on the ship - even my hubby who never, ever gets car sick - nothing got sick in that room. We had particularily rough seas too though. You could feel a lot of rolling motion in that room and it was so bad we couldn't even watch TV.
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:39 PM
First Mate

Hello, basically you have one bed on the floor the other is attached to the wall and folds up during the day (very comforable though!!) You will have a little desk area with a wall mirror and two cabinets with hanging and shelves. Plenty of room.

Michele

Fascination
Old March 4th, 2004, 02:56 PM
Cruisingal54

Default Re: Re: Room Size?

I get seasick at the drop of a hat and I'm claustrophobic too. My very first cruise, years and years ago on the old Emerald Seas was a 3 day cruise and I insisted on a room with at least a port hole. That's what I got...it was fine for the time. Over the years, I found with cruising as with hotel rooms, that I sometimes DO want to spend time in my cabin for reading and relaxing, so I started getting rooms with a window. That was fine for years...until I took a cruise on the Celebrity Century and it was a 10 day cruise with a buy one get one Sky Suite with a huge verandah.

Since then....I've NEVER sailed without a balcony. My advice is, if you're not going to do it all the time...don't start, or you'll never go back!

I never sailed with Carnival because I always thought that all the cruises were wild, glitzy and noisy...until I took my first cruise on the Fantasy. What a lovely old ship, with a great crew and staff and the catagory 12 suite is very very comfortable, quiet and steady.

The food was plentiful and delicious...the pizza is to die for...24 hours a day!

I say if money is a consideration, start out with what you can afford, go for the experience, and see if you're satisfied with your choice. If you are...go for it!

As for me, cruising is my best vacation of the year and I usually take 2 or 3 a year and when I go, I make sure I save enough to have the best of what I can have on a cruise. I go for the pampering that I feel I deserve!