Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:23 AM
texasfungal

Default Thongs on conquest March 21st

I would like to know if thongs are allowed. I dont have other suits, and don't want to buy anymore suit's if i don't have to. Please let me know if I can wear a thong. TY
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:39 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Thongs on conquest March 21st

not only allowed but encouraged
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:14 AM
Admiral

Thongs are not well accepted, even on ladies that have the figure to wear them, except maybe on the topless deck. If a male wears one he is generally looked upon with distain and might actually be asked to find something more approprate if in the general pool or lido area. Remember that while it may seem fine for you there are others onboard that do not wish for thier children to have an anatomy lesson. Consider if you had a daughter about 12 years old and some guy plops down beside her with nothing but a pouch covering him? Or a 12 yr old boy standing there when a lady with nothing on but a couple pasties and a tiny strip of cloth walks in front of him? We must all try and be considerate of others whenever reasonable and possible.
Jim

Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:50 AM
texasfungal

How many spring breaksers will be on board, my gut feeling is plenty. So now that I know thongs are ok, its will be a blast. Can't wait !!!!!!!!!!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 10:05 AM
sonya

Default Re: Re: Thongs on conquest March 21st

I hope your not on my cruise with my children. Have no respect for families I take it.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 12:33 PM
First Mate

HMM, you seemed to read only what you wanted to hear - the answer I see is "no, thongs are generally not acceptable." You saw the first reply only (which by the way was probably from a guy who likes to watch). As others have said - it's not really "cool" to wear something so revealing (even if you have the body to wear it). I saw noone wearing a thong on my cruise.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Maybe she has selective vision. If you guys dont like her thong maybe you should also have selective vision. Im sure your kids/familys have seen far worse things in their life.

Texas: have fun on your cruise and wear what you want, you'll never see these people again and who cares what they think!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:23 PM
First Mate

My two cents:

While I don't recall seeing any thong-bearers on my last (and only one so far) cruise (the Destiny) last March, I don't see the problem with it either. To put my comments into perspective, I am a female that, at least I believe anyway, could wear one if I desired to and look nice, but will not be wearing one on my Triumph cruise because I choose not to.

I have to say that if I were to wear one, I would not be doing it to offend families and wives/girlfriends/non-thong wearing women. I would be doing it because I felt proud of my body and/or didn't choose to have tan lines and/or for the comfort of it (they don't obviously bunch up or otherwise mis-aligned). Additionally, if I were with a bunch of my girlfriends on spring break and they also were wearing them, I would feel even more comfortable as there is always strength (and comfort) in numbers.

As a girlfriend who will be traveling with her boyfriend, I'd honestly have to say that the only reason why I'd be uncomfortable with a thong bikini-clad girl is if I felt insecure. And maybe we all feel that way at first. But if you just get over it and enjoy your own darn vacation, one may realize that a thong alone can not offend or shock the family, it is one's attitudes/feeling towards it that will make an otherwise shockless moment a blemish on the cruise experience.

In the end, if a pretty female is wearing a thong, or any other flattering piece of clothing, a husband/boyfriend/male is probably going to look. Hell, I'd probably notice too! It is human nature to appreciate beauty in all forms. Keeping in mind that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some males may not even be interested. If we remember that we can not control everything and actually accept those things that we can not control, our own personal lives will be that much better

Don't sweat the small stuff....it's just a bathing suit!
Waters

Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:16 PM
Captain

WATERS said..."In the end, a pretty female is wearing a thong"
That pretty much describes the last one I saw.

JOEMO
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:51 PM
Markp11

thongs on women are much appreciated!!!
Old March 3rd, 2004, 05:10 PM
Admiral

I wore a thong on the Millie and had no problems whatsoever.

Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:05 PM
Nanette

Enjoy strutting around in your Thong, kiddo!

Those who wish to "protect" their children should look into the Disney line!

The several cruises that I've been on (2 Carnival and 1 Royal Olympian) had NOT catered to the "family".

Have a blast, baby. Wish this 43 year old broad had the figure to join you! *grinning*
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:07 PM
Passenger

Not that I care whether or not you wear a thong, but why does having exposed cheeks result in having more fun?
Old March 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Stuart Bond

Im 17 and i !*Really*! would not appreciate seeing somebody else's butt and im sure im not speeking for myself...yeah sure...i dont HAVE to look but that first glance is gunna be there not to mention hundreds of other people with have a first glance including kids. Don't wear one..its disrespectful.
Old March 4th, 2004, 05:19 AM
Beginner

Send a message via MSN to philly

I have a feeling that many of you have never been to Europe...thongs and the like are the majority. I have a feeling that the ones who will be "offended" are just a bit "overweight". Which is more offensive? The fit young lady in her thong or the heavy set middle aged woman in her bikini that is 4 sizes too small.
Old March 4th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Cruise Maniac

"I have a feeling that many of you have never been to Europe..."

Most Carnival cruisers are American, so American cultural norms should be adhered to.
Old March 4th, 2004, 07:33 AM
Me2

Well said Water........People just enjoy your cruise....I have 3 children and if they see a person in a thong they would think nothing of it, same goes if they saw to people of the same sex kissing. Teach your children to understand the ways of the world is not always your way, and it will make them much more tolerant to change and the different types of people in this world.
Old March 4th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Fascination - 3/29

I agree with Me2 and Water.
Sheltering children from everything you may
find offensive is not healthy for their development.
Take the time to talk to them. If my kids see a
thong on our cruise thats fine with me. The human
body is nothing to be ashamed of and thats the
lesson i want them to learn.
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Dale C

I'll go with the thong but NOT the same sex kissing. That's where I draw the line for public moral decency.
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:42 AM
Me2

Dale MANY people will agree with you, but do you kiss your wife in public. If everyone would just respect the world and everyone in it we'd all be much happier. Understand I said respect not accept........You probably feel it is against public morals because you were never taught differently, and thats okay, but the world it is a changin.
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:57 AM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to shubaby

if you dont want your kids to see take them on the disney ship!
if you don't want to see it..... go on the disney ship.
why do people have to worry about everybody but them?????????????????
if your kid does see it tell them "you" don't approve and let it be!
i like big butt's and i can not lie!
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: Thongs on conquest March 21st

Philly, wrong, we have been to Europe as well as other areas where even total nudity while sunning and swimming is no big deal. Point was that many families do not appreciate thongs onboard ships which was the question, not if they are acceptable in other countries. Yes it is more common and more acceptable on a fit young lady than an overwieght one. Not hard to figure that out. <G> Overweight or not, it is not accepted by hardly anyone for a male to wear one onboard a ship. Again, I would not want my pre-teen daughter, (I don't have one BTW), to get an anatomy lesson from some old dude with a string thong on, it is pretty disgusting IMHO as well as those I know, both male and female.
Jim

Old March 4th, 2004, 11:56 AM
Dale C

Default Re: Re: Re: Thongs on conquest March 21st

Yes, I do kiss my wife in public, if only briefly, and your right, I need to respect but not necessarily accept the way the world is changing!
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:01 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Thongs on conquest March 21st

I don't think this has to do with the thong issue but with something Me2 said about a same sex couple kissing and children not noticing. I was watching Baby Story one day and there was a gay couple that conceived artificially and my 5 year old came into the room and asked where's the dad......so children do notice things. Happy cruising everyone whether you wear a thong or not!!
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:37 PM
Happy Camper

Are they a guy or girl????

I bet if it is a guy the responses would be different..

Also if it is not a "pretty" girl but a not so pretty older lady than I bet the replies would be different...

It is not respectful and although I could wear one I would not.
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Tenley

I am 21 years old...and I'm also going on a cruise for spring break, like the girl that is asking about the thong bikini....

i don't wanna see people parading around in there thongs on a boat...it think its one thing to wear like a thong under your jeans or a skirt....but to just wear it out in public....uh uh...thats a no
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Passenger

People, we are on a cruise and we not the fashion police. Vacations are to be fun, free of any worries, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable.
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:58 PM
Cruisingal54

, if someone complains to the Carnival staff and the staff feels thongs are not appropriate...they will tell you. If someone complains to the staff and the Carnival staff doesn't feel it's a problem, they'll tell the complainer that they are allowed.

I hope you have a little body to go along with a little thong though, or YOU may decide yourself to cover it up a little more or endure the embarrassment if you're not secure in your own self.

Being a resident of Florida and living on the beach...we see thongs...some aren't bad, some people look silly...and some people don't wear them anymore because the scars they got from the knife after digging out the skin cancer doesn't make them look so hot anymore.
Old March 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

"Vacations are to be fun, free of any worries, wear whatever makes you feel comfortable."

That's terrible advice. I'm most comfortable without any clothes on whatsoever, but that doesn't make it appropriate for me to parade around the ship nude.
Old March 4th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Passenger

ParrotHead,
please don't ruin anyone's vacation.................