Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:23 AM
patticake

Default chaukanaub park cozumel

i have read in one of the responses to my questions, that the park has quite a rocky beach. is this a sandy beach at all or all rough coastline? we have never been to this area of the carribean or this island so i cannot picture what this islike. thanks patticake
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 12:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: chaukanaub park cozumel

Hello, I was just there a week from today. There is lots of white sand but not as you imagine. You have to walk down to the water a few steps. The reason for this is that there a natural rock wall around the board of the water so it is not shallow likenormal beaches that go gradually this one is like walking into a pool. The park is very nice we enjoyed it. The snorkling is very good. And you can walk to seee the Dolphins even if you aren`t swimming with them. They have a nice little restaurant and the bathrooms are clean. I hope it helps if you have any more questions let me know. Oh, the taxi cost us 2.50 per person each way real cheap. We were lucky to be there during there carnival week so the down town was decorated and lots of parades and music. The people are very nice as well. I bought Vanilla as everyone suggested and I found the best prices in the duty free right in front of the ship.
Old March 3rd, 2004, 01:09 PM
cruiseinginmarch

did they beach supply all the snorkling stuff...at a fee of course or do you need to bring your own?
Old March 3rd, 2004, 03:50 PM
ElationismyShip

We bring our own just because if you use it in one port you've remade your cost in just one use however you can rent right there at the beach and it's much cheaper than renting snorkling equipment on the boat.
Old March 4th, 2004, 11:23 AM
patticake

Default Re: Re: chaukanaub park cozumel

sunshine, i did not understand the concept of the natural rock coastline around the board and the sand. when you say it islike walking into a swimming pool. how deep is the shallowest area of the water for swimming. we will have 5 adults and 4 children on the cruise with us. the kids will be 11, 12, 8, and 5. can we spend the day at this park and easily do all kinds of things for these ages.? is everything close to each other? did you make arrangement for your taxi ride ahead of time or just do it when you got off the ship? we have friends who go with a very large group everyother summer and make all their taxi arrangements from home before they even get ont he cruise ship. where else did you stop.? we want to stop in jamaica for the dunn river falls thing and also caymans for the sting ray city experience. thanks patticake
Old March 4th, 2004, 12:15 PM
First Mate

http://www.theuncle.com/chris/reefclub/ try this link to view pictures of the park.
Old March 4th, 2004, 03:46 PM
First Mate

hello, there are two different option, walking onto rock (steps) into water. I would say it is for people who know how to swim. Then there is an area kind of like our normal beaches where you walk right in off the sand. This area is small but perfect for kids and those who dont know how to swim. (not sure if you could snorkel though in this area).

MIchele

Fascination
Old March 6th, 2004, 09:56 AM
elationismyship

You can snorkle in that area, it's a great area for kids to learn to snorkle. Also, from that area you can get into the open water too - I was at Chanakaab about 2 years ago and don't remember have any problems getting into the water - it was like a regular beach. I would have remembered if it was jumping into a pool and it was not.

It's getting close!
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LGalla9464 Send a message via MSN to LGalla9464

Chankanaab park is very beautiful. As for swimming, there is a rather small sandy beach...an 'inlet' or pool of sorts, where the water is quite calm and good for children and those who are not swimmers. "La Laguna" is clean, has decent food and better drinks at fairly reasonable prices. Not sure if there are locker rentals as I took part in the Dolphin Swim, and lockers were provided. The taxis have a set price of $10 one way.......but would cost much less per person if one is shared, and believe me, there is NO Problem getting one......there is a huge Taxi stand where taxis load and unload constantly. I was a little nervous about getting a taxi back to the ship, but that is easy as well. I found it an enjoyable and relaxing way to spend the day in port.
Laura

Old March 7th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Captain

Can someone tell me the total cost such as entry fees, Cab cost, food cost while there..??
We just shopped (costly !!!) our first cruise & want to explore this time around...

Conquest .... Nov /03 (New Orleans)
Conquest .... Dec /05 (Galveston)
Celebration.. Sept /06 (Jacksonville)
Fantasy....... Dec/07 (New Orleans)
Splendor...... Nov. 29th, 2009

Splendor...... Nov. 28th, 2010 (booked)
Old March 7th, 2004, 10:41 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to LGalla9464 Send a message via MSN to LGalla9464

It is $10 (set rate) each way to & from the park. That is per taxi, not per person. and $10 pp to get in the park itself.
Laura

Old March 7th, 2004, 10:43 PM
elationismyship

Hey, I'm going on the Elation in 27 days (yahoo!), any pointers. Chankaab is definitely on the tour, a must not miss!

Old March 8th, 2004, 03:45 AM
First Mate

Patticake, I just posted a a few pictures under "Glory 2,28,04". One shows the typical coastline at Chankanaab. Most areas are like this and have steps across the rock to the water. As mentioned, there is one small sandy beach. It's a gorgeous place not to be missed. I also heard admission was $10 but got charged $12 at the gate. Cab fare was $10 per taxi load. Don't know why the picture are distorted. They look fine on my computer
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:28 PM
Fascination - 3/29

Default Re: Chankanaab Park Cozumel

I hear the dolphin swim sells out quick at Chankanaab.
What's my best strategy for booking this excursion a.s.a.p.?
There's 4 in our group: 2 dolphin & snorkle, 1 snorkle only,
1 beach only. We would prefer to book through Carnival
and not through dolphindiscovery.com. Can we book
excursioons as soon as we step foot on the boat?
Thanks,
Scott