Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2004, 11:47 AM
bill123

Default topless deck

are the topless decks really that big of a peeping tom deck, or do most women just ignore the parade. My wife it doesnt seem to bother but I have seen others get quite mad.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 01:14 PM
Admiral

Default Re: topless deck

I don;t think it is a big deal or there are all that many. It is the few that do that make it so obvious as to what they are up to. Some people just take longer to grow up and some never make it. <G>
Jim

Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:52 PM
Markp11

Default Re: Re: topless deck

hey if their flaunting it i'm looking
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:35 PM
Passenger

that's insane for others to get mad. if you don't expect to be seen, don't go on the topless deck. and if you get mad about it, you're naive and foolish.
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Passenger

that's insane for others to get mad. if you don't expect to be seen, don't go on the topless deck. and if you get mad about it, you're naive and foolish.
Old March 5th, 2004, 08:48 PM
Melane

Default Re: Re: topless deck

If I am sunbathing, can I expect couples to be strolling around taking a look, or is it pretty secluded?
Old March 5th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Admiral

Amazing that people can't grasp that it's not a " topless " deck. It's a "tops optional " deck. Meaning that if a lady wants to sunbathe without her top, then that small area is where to do so. It also means that any other person, with the exception of minor children, can use that deck just as they can any other public deck on the ship. It is not a private exclusive deck for women to "hang out " topless. As I said, it is indeed open to all the passengers with the exception of minor kids.
If a lady is shy and doesn't want someone to see something, then don't hang'em out because the next person, male or female, has as much right there as anyone else.
It's only a big deal if it's made into a big deal.

Top on or top off, happy sunbathing.
Old March 6th, 2004, 10:29 AM
coach

Topless deck on Triumph was roped off for quite a few days. We were up there a few times when coming in or leaving port. There were very few people up there and no cameras are allowed...basically I think the crew uses that area. They were there the couple of times we were. Wee Jimmy (nick name for cruise director in training)and others.... it was busier years ago on the Ecstacy.
Old March 7th, 2004, 04:35 PM
Yeoman

If you like to sunbathe topless and are turned off by the curious, a ship with 3000 passengers may not be your best option for topless sunbathing. To many cruisers a tops optional sundeck is not something they have ever had access to,and its part of the cruising experience to see something you don't see in smalltown USA. So just relax and be happy that you made some ole farmers day and don't be offended by the parade of men in sunglasses! And don't get indignant about the curious onlookers, most will walk thru only once(sometimes by mistake-) Keep in mind that many of your ports have optional beaches available for use and the topless population is much higher so you won't feel so uncomfortable.