Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
Klarocco

Default What did you tip the Camp Carnival workers

There were 4 that worked with our kids...both my dd, DS were in the same age group....Just curious what the "typical" amount was.
Sponsored Links
Old March 3rd, 2004, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: What did you tip the Camp Carnival workers

I couldn't specifically decide who worked with my 3 kids, although I knew a few did more than others, so I just gave the head person $60 and asked her to divide evenly. That should have given each girl $5-10. It's not much, but they aren't waitstaff. With a party of 6, we tipped a load to the staff overall for the week.
Old March 4th, 2004, 01:20 AM
LostAngel_in_TN

Default Re: Re: What did you tip the Camp Carnival workers

I would like to hear some more suggestions on this question. I have a sweet angel that will spend some time in Camp and I want to tip fairly..... So please, tell us what you tipped so we can get an average....

Thanks!!!!
Old March 4th, 2004, 08:16 AM
Passenger

I'm thinking it depends on the relationship they forge with your kids and how often your kids use the program. I've got a 2 and a 4 year old, we're going on a 7 day cruise. Since I'm a SAHM, I'm looking forward to them spending some time in the camp, lol. I'm guessing we'll likely end up giving someplace around $100 per kid for the week. The people who care for my kids definitely deserve at least that - in my opinion, that's the most important staff we'll deal with. Heck, they are WHY we chose Carnival over the other lines!

Just my 2 cents.
Old March 4th, 2004, 09:49 AM
lildkl17

My husband and I have a 2 yr old daughter. She goes to anyone but she didn't like the camp. She went one time for formal night. We tried a couple of other times but she didn't want to go. We choose carinval for the same reason but it didn't turn out that way. I agree that you should give them a good tip if your child stays with them. We were planning on tipping them like the dinining room attendant it just didn't work out that way for us.

Darla
Old March 4th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

Well, you have to realize that there are 12 (+-) staff in Camp Carnival(there were 12 pictures posted as Camp staff on our ship - but who knows how many were actually on the ship on that cruise), and it depends on how much time your kids spent in it, plus the time camp is closed. The older they are, the less time they want to spend in there. My 10 year old spent maybe 10 hrs in there all week. The 7 year old spent maybe 15-20 hours, the 2 year old the most.

You should probably wait til you see how much your child(ren) use it before you decide on tipping. Again, they are paid on a more salaried basis than the wait-staff, who work for tips.