Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:00 AM
JnPFamily

Default New Orleans Port _open/closed

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the cruise ships are departing from the Julian street peer in New Orleans. I read where a ship crashed had cloged up the channel and ships were being deverted elsewhere. I read no to long ago that though some caro ships were getting out but i have not heard about cruise ships. Are the cruise lines back to departing from the Julian St peer.

Thanks for any information
Sponsored Links
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:11 AM
venice

Default Re: New Orleans Port _open/closed

everything is back to normal, the channel is open and cruise ships are sailing back on schedule
Old March 4th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Passenger

Default Re: New Orleans Port _open/closed

As 02-25-04 the southwest pass reopened to one way traffic. All ships must be guided through the pass. From the statement I read, they are working to remove the ship that sank and should been complete in 2 - 3 days weather premitting