Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2004, 03:08 PM
First Mate

Default Upgrade preferences.......

What is the determanent of who gets an upgrade. Is it how early one books a cruise, a past guest, or what? Who decides what? and who? Is there any order to upgrades?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2004, 07:56 PM
jaime

Default Re: Upgrade preferences.......

1st you have to have a cruise guarantee!!! By booking early that does allow you to get better upgrades. they are more likely to sell a 4a guarantee over and over again than a higher category. so they will upgrade the 1st people to book in the 4a so they can sell that cabin again!!!
it just like the airline tickets. you could be sitting next to someone on the airline that paid 250.00 for their ticket when you paid 500.00. same with cruise cabins you could have paid 599.00 when your neighbor may have paid 399.00 for the same category/cabin/deck etc. Normally the cruise rates start out a little higher. If that ship is not selling they will drop that prices and upgrade the already booked passengers!!! i hope i am not confusing you! I know what i want to say but sometimes writing it is harder than explaining it!!!
Old March 8th, 2004, 02:33 PM
RJ

Default Re: Upgrade preferences.......