Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Default What to do in Barbados

My wife and I are sailing on Carnival Legend on March 28. We have not been to Barbados before so we are not familiar with any of the shore excursions. Can anyone recommend a shore excursion for my wife and I. We do not snorkel and my wife cannot walk for long distances. Help!!
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2004, 05:34 PM
First Mate

Default Re: What to do in Barbados

If you enjoy the beach, simply take a taxi to The Boatyard. A small admission fee gets you on the beach, two chairs and umbrella, and drinks. You can relax there as long as you like. Great food available from nearby restaurants.

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old March 7th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Happy,
We got in a taxi and had the driver take us to Harrison's caves, very interesting and a nice ride to see some other areas of Barbados....after our tour of the caves we had the driver drop us off at the Boatyard Beach.

Message Boards Moderator
Old March 7th, 2004, 10:13 PM
sidsammy

Carnival will give you recommendations for two beaches "Boatyard Beach" and "Malibu Beach". I've been to both. They are both "ok", but I think Boatyard is the better of the two. Malibu Beach is next to the Malibu Rum distillery and you can smell the fumes. Plus, the view is "industrial". But check a Fodor's 2004 guide, they will direct you to (I'm thinking) better beaches. They have a whole list of "recommended" beaches, probably far more scenic than the two above. I definitely know that Malibu is not mentioned. Boatyard Beach may be listed, but I'm not sure it was because it was so beautiful, but maybe a fun spot -which isn't all bad.
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:27 AM
Cruise Maniac

I havent cruised to Barbado, but have been there many times, albeit it has been quite a few years since I have been there now. I had a friend that lived there and visited quite frequently. All of the beaches on the West Coast are great and all beaches in Barbados are public (you can walk along the coastline without fences or signs to keep out. Anyway, where the ship docks in the Deep Water Harbor, there are no goo d beaches. Take a taxi to the West Coast say to Holetown, there is a small shopping mall there across the street from several nice hotels and you can walk through and get to the beach from there, the taxis have a stand there at the shopping mall and so finding one to take back to the ship will be no problem. I think the shopping mall is called sunset crest (there is a Cave Shepherd at the South end).
One of my favorite beaches is Rockley Beach is I think what they call it , we called it Accra beach, I believe. Anyway, it is more along the southern shore. It is alot of fun, you can walk far out and there are small waves. YOu can rent boogie boards there to body surf. Barbados is a lovely place, enjoy.
You will get guys wanting to sell you jewelry and women wanting to hair braid. Politely say no, and they wont hassle you.
Old March 8th, 2004, 07:39 AM
Admiral

Hire a taxi driver to take you around to the many sites in Barbados. There is alot to see and do but it's very confusing and very expensive if you rent a car to drive around. Barbados is a beautiful island and if you are not big beach goers you may want to do island sightseeing tours. Hiring a driver yourself you will be able to go at your pace.