Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:25 PM
victory cruiser

Default waterproof pouch

Does anyone know a good place to buy a waterproof pouch? While on shore excursions it is probably not a good idea to leave your wallet anywhere. I have heard about waterproof pouches. Not sure where to purchase them though.

thanks for any info,

Victoria
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 12:26 PM
JoanO

Default Re: waterproof pouch

Got mine at Sport Authority. They offer 3 different sizes in the camping section.
Works great!
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:34 PM
First Mate

I purchased one on the boat it is a hard plastic container you can carry around your neck light weight n very handy. Took it on excursions with all our I d n everything. never got wet inside . It was only $5.50 on board hope that helps
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:44 PM
victory cruiser

Default Re: Re: waterproof pouch

yes indeed very helpful thanks.

victoria

Old March 8th, 2004, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Victoria, I've got a couple of waterproof pouches, one small, one larger. You should be able to get them at any sporting goods stores. What i took the larger one for was to put a bunch of little "airplane" size bottles of booze in, packed it in my large bag and flew to our port that way. I just didn't trust flying with it in zip lock bags, I didn't want something breaking and getting all over my clothes. It worked great and will do it again. Carol :o)

P.S. I also have the plastic ones you hang around your neck, they have a great seal on them, one size holds credit card size stuff and the other one could probably hold a small wallet. Get one with the sliding plastic piece on the neck cord so you can tighten it up to go in the water...I was body surfing with mine and it worked fine...

Old March 8th, 2004, 02:27 PM
KB47

check this site www.splashcaddy.com
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:08 PM
victory cruiser

thanks for all the info. These waterproof pouches are alot easier to find then I would of thought. Any camping store has them and some large sports stores.

thanks again for your help

victoria
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to Sweetcharlotte30

I got my water proof pouch on board the Pride. It's was $5.50 for the small one and they called it a "splash box"
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

The Splash Caddy is very nice. You can get one from splashcaddy, but check there prices first and if you every do ebay., check out there as well, got mine there for less including the shipping charge, brand new.

Also (victory cruiser) does this mean you have been the the Carnival Victory? If so we are sailing her in September 2004 New York to Canada and would like any info you could give us. Especially getting around on the ship.

I read so many post about the ship is hard to get around on. I just guess I don't want to spend my time going in circles. Also you can email me if you have been on Victory I do have more question, but just hate to post so many here.

Thanks
The Scotts

RCI Mariner 2005 St. Thomas St Marteen
NCL Star 2006 Seattle to Alaska
NCL Pride of Aloha 2007 Hawaii Island Hopping
url=http://www.cruiseclocks.com/][/url]
Free Cruise Clocks
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:36 PM
First Mate

I bought both kinds on the ship.
Old March 10th, 2004, 10:58 PM
Yeoman

Always called mine a "water wallet". Mine is about 5 years old, and at one time had a Carnival logo on it, which has long-since disappeared. Got it for about $5.00 on the Inspiration, and it still works. It's the hard plastic kind that holds my credit card, room key, cash, Passport copy, and watch. It's worked every time, and not once did those $1.00 bills get wet!
Old March 11th, 2004, 08:32 AM
victory cruiser

Scotts,

I have not yet been on the VIctory. I will be on March 28th and I cant wait. When I get back I will let you know how it was. I am going to the western caribbean. I am from canada and need to get away.

I will report back to you soon.

Victoria
Old March 11th, 2004, 03:29 PM
tammyp1

I just bought a water proof container form Sports Authority in the swim section. It is made by Speedo and you can wear it around your neck. It's about 3"x4" perfect for your money and keys and it cost $2.99.