Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Cristina

Default Pregnant Ladies

Just wondering if there are many very pregnant gals on the ship. Wondering about swimwear and formal attire.
Sponsored Links
Old March 8th, 2004, 01:48 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Pregnant Ladies

Check with your cruise line...I don't know how far along in pregnancy you are but many cruise lines do not let you cruise if you are going to enter the last trimester of your pregnancy during your cruise.

Old March 8th, 2004, 01:59 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: Pregnant Ladies

I think they don't let you cruise once you enter your 27th week.
Old March 8th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Cruise Maniac

After the 27th week you can no longer cruise. I was 19 weeks pregnant when I went and I had to show proof of how many weeks pregnant I was. I had taken a letter from my doctor as well just in case. I did not see many women pregnant but the ones I did had a full piece on but it is your choice what ever you feel comfortable in. Just remember to ask your doctor what you can take if you get sea sick. He had given me a special prescription instead of the one over the counter. You should have no problems at all. I felt well and ate great the whole week.
Old March 8th, 2004, 06:08 PM
kelliejp

I also went on a cruise at 19 weeks and had a great time. I was not asked for proof of how far along I was but I had my doctor send everything I would need if I went into labor, medical history and emergency contacts. I did not get sea sick or have any problems. Any mother stores carry swimsuits, many of them beautiful. I also wore a formal dress that was a size larger that I would normally wear.
Old March 10th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Admiral

You might also check ebay for formal maternity dresses and swimwear. You can get brand new things with the tags still on for much less than you would in the stores.

Cheers,
Michelle P.

Old March 10th, 2004, 05:34 PM
Yeoman

26 weeks is the limit for pregnant travellers. Just keep in mind that trip insurance won't cover you if you encounter a pregnancy-related medical emergency while on the cruise.
Old March 10th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Cruise Maniac

will it cover you if you are less than 26 weeks?
Old March 10th, 2004, 07:05 PM
Yeoman

No. Trip insurance companies have "exclusion" restrictions, and pregnancy is one of them. Be careful about calling your trip insurance company about it, though. If they know you have already purchased a policy, and have questions about pregnancy, your name/policy can be "red-flagged" in case you try to make a claim. Check with your US health plan about coverage outside the US. Some have 100% coverage, and some only cover 50%. The REAL expense is in evacuation to a local hospital or back to the States.

Post Edited (03-10-04 19:20)
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:08 PM
nikee

What if I just found out I was 6 weeks pregnant two weeks before my cruise? I purchased the cruise months before I was pregnant? At 2 months pregnant, i don't forsee a medical emergency but I assumed the insurance I purchased w/ the cruise would cover me? My cruise takes off in just over a week.
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:16 PM
Yeoman

It sounds like you purchased your trip insurance through the cruise line, and not through a third-party company. You need to check out the "pre-existing" medical condition clause through that insurance company. In all honesty, (as a former travel agent), I have not had good experiences making claims for clients through cruise line insurance companies, and always recommended that clients purchase third-party insurance that was not connected to the cruise line. Ask your TA or whoever you booked your cruise with to send you a copy of the policy you purchased, and read the fine print about "pre-existing" medical conditions. A lot of it depends on the date you booked your cruise, so if you were not pregnant at that time, you may be covered with your trip insurance.
Old March 10th, 2004, 08:27 PM
nikee

Thanks for the reply diverdiver, I'll follow your advice and check it out!
Old March 10th, 2004, 09:18 PM
Yeoman

Good for you, nikee! I have five of those biological critters, so I know what it's all about! Which is also why I see my hairdresser monthly to cover the gray, and why I may sound insane at times, and am a living example of Botox not working. Good luck, and may I be the first to offer Congratulations! (Just don't pick a hard-to-spell name, like Typhanee or Gennupherr). Teachers really hate that. Best of luck to you!!