Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:26 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Room amenities/Paradise and shoretrips.com question

CCL's room amenity link is dysfunctional. Can anyone give me details about the room amentities available? We booked lower deck, interior, guaranteed for the 5/16/04 Western Caribbean cruise.

I read somewhere that there is only one power outlet in the whole room and that we should bring a power strip onboard. Is this true?

Does anyone have any other practical advice about the rooms?

And lastly, does anyone have an opinion about shoretrips.com? I am riding the fence about this company, and am not sure whether I want to book our shore excursions with them. Hearing anyone else's experiences with them, either good or bad, would be extremely helpful to me.
Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2004, 04:57 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Room amenities/Paradise and shoretrips.com question

What is usually in the cabins are some toiletries sucvh as body lotion samples and disposable razors, and shower cap. The room does indeed have one outlet which is typical of almost all cabins on all lines so a power strip cord is very helpful. As you are booking an inside I suggest you bring a small nightlight as insides are dark <G> A hairdryer for the ladies is a good idea as well. There is also a po0wer outlet in the bath for an electric razor but that is all it will power so don;t even try to use it for anythng else. You will have an ice bucket that5 the steward will keep filled but no refridgerator. You will also have a safe that even though small is very useful. Two beds and a couple chairs and a small table finish out the room.
Jim

Old March 11th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Passenger

We booked through shoretrips.com but we do not cruise until April. It was reccomended to us by people who used them with no problems.
Old March 11th, 2004, 06:38 PM
First Mate

We also take along a credit size card, such as a gift card from Walmart and use it to open and close the safe in the room It can be kept in a convient location, so that you can always be sure to access the safe. Whatever card is used to lock it, the same card has to unlock the safe. This will help if you are separated from each other.

We have always used the tours sponsered by Carnival. Yes, they cost a little more, however you are off the ship first for the tours and are guaranteed to not be left behind, if for some reason you don't make it back to the ship, before sailing time.

Have a great cruise!!!

Marty
Old March 12th, 2004, 07:35 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Oddgirl

I used shoretrips.com to book an excursion last year in Nassau. No problems at all.

Darcy
Old March 12th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Admiral

If you do use a power strip in your room, I suggest you hide it in your luggage during the day, I don't think Carnival likes that idea, so we always tuck ours away during the day....

Happy Cruising!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:20 PM
First Mate

I never really get why people need more than one outlet - the only thing we plugged in was the hair dryer - plug it in when using it -unplug when done. What other things would you need an outlet for? Just curious.
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:52 PM
ElationismyShip

Curling iron usually has to heat up while your drying your hair. More than one female in the room, you're defintely running two hair dryers at the same time trying to get ready for dinner. Charging our video battery and now digital camera battery takes a couple of plugs because we charge them at night - guess we could charge one until 3:00 a.m. wake up and then charge the other for a few hours :-) . . . . There are numerous reasons you'd need more than one outlet. You could make it on one but definitely more than one would be more convenient.