Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 11th, 2004, 10:23 PM
elationismyship

Default Room for 3 - what does that mean?

We leaving on the Elation on 4/4/04 and booked a room for 3 - Me, my hubby and 8 year old. When I booked the room for three I assumed that that meant at least 2 lowers and an upper. Could this mean they give us a 2 lower only room and roll in a roll-a-way? I see on their site they have rooms that accomodate 3 however just got a little nervous hearing about the roll-a-ways. Would hate to get stuck in a room that only accomodates 2 and have a roll-a-way take up precious floor space. Thanks in advance for help.

Sponsored Links
Old March 11th, 2004, 11:06 PM
sidsammy

Default Re: Room for 3 - what does that mean?

Your question is probably best addressed to Carnival. I, and my two sister-in-laws booked a category 11 suite, thinking that would suffice our needs. Instead, our couch, from "day one" was made into a bed, so we, obviously made do, but never had what we thought would be a suite I don't know what to say. Actually, if they moved in a rollaway before nightfall that would be prefeable to never having any actual sitting room in the cabin,.
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:41 PM
Darrick

Room for three on the Fantasy meant that there was a bed on the wall that you could pull down if you needed it.
Old March 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
can't wait

Call Carnival and demand that there is three beds in the room and no roll a-way when we went with our two childern on our last cruise they wanted to give us a roll a way for one kid. I complanied and was switched to a room with two uppers & two lowers. Your right space is precious and should not be taking up by a roll-way.Our Family travled the same cruise and was given a roll a way for their daughter, there was no space left in the room. I am travling 4/11/04 and am paying alsmost as much for the kids as myself no discount they better give me a bed for each child.
Old March 12th, 2004, 01:48 PM
ElationismyShip

I called Carnival and the rep told me that since we didn't pick out a cabin at time of booking that it is up to Carnival which room they put us in and this could mean either a two lower bed with an upper pull down or a two lower bed with a roll-a-way. I told her that I didn't want a roll-a-way for the 3rd person and she said it's up to Carnival when we check in . . . . I didn't quite know how to answer her so came back to the boards for more information. Any Carnival reps out there - is this really how it works? If so, dagg they could put us in the tinyist room possible and then roll in a roll-a-bed - not what I bargined for given that our third person charge was actually $20 more than the first two passengers.
Old March 12th, 2004, 03:44 PM
can't wait

Default Re: Re: Room for 3 - what does that mean?

Call your Travel Agt she should be able to Help
Remeber you are the paying customer
Old March 12th, 2004, 06:52 PM
Yeoman

I don't understand your comment about the third person paying $20.00 more than the first and second passengers, and I was a TA for a long time! The 3rd/4th person always pays a lot less!! What you booked was a GUARANTEE, since you didn't get an actual cabin assignment, and it was probably a bit cheaper. It does mean, though, that you won't know what cabin you'll be in until you check in at the pier. You also didn't mention what CATEGORY you booked - inside ( Cat. 4 no window) or outside (Cat. 6 picture window). The inside cabins are a bit smaller than the outside cabins, but the outside cabins are usually the ones that get the rollaways. Not every cabin has the built-in upper beds, either. Many cabins don't. When you booked that GUARANTEE, you will get a cabin that will accomodate 3 passengers - you just won't know if you're getting a rollaway or a bunk. You can call your TA and ask him/her to REQUEST a cabin with an upper bed, but it's just a request. Actually, the rollaways don't stay in the room during the day. The cabin steward rolls it in and makes it up while you're at dinner. Also, Carnival has comparatively large cabins (you should see the ones on Royal Caribbean..tiny!!) I wouldn't worry about it, but if you want to select a specific cabin with the upper bunks, call your TA. You will most likely have to pay more, though.
Old March 13th, 2004, 01:53 AM
First Mate

diverdiver is right..... cabins with two twin lower beds are generally the normal cabin size...the "small" rooms are the ones with one twin and one upper.
Old March 13th, 2004, 04:28 PM
elationismyship

The 3rd person was indeed more by $20 because Carnival was having a discount on the 1st/2nd passenger that wasn't included on the 3rd or 4th passenger on this particular sailing. We did book through a TA and I was a little leary of this (having been on 7 cruises I know the 3rd/4th never pay more) but I called Carnival and priced at several places before I book and this was the case in each pricing. We booked an inside, no window category 4a (I think was the name). I guess I was confused on 3rd person accomodations, just didn't realize that could mean a roll-a-way but if it does, it does and it won't ruin my trip.
Old March 13th, 2004, 07:47 PM
loves2cruise

You can check the Carnival book to be sure you get an upper or lower berth (there will be a * or something, if you know your cabin #) with your Twin/King beds. If you don't know your room, I would suggest calling your travel agent right away before the ship is full. We had the misfortune of having 3 in a room on the Triumph a few years ago with the darn rollaway - not fun, but we got a nice shipboard credit the next year!
Old March 13th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Yeoman

If you booked a Cat 4A (no window Riviera Deck) triple guarantee, that's the LOWEST-priced triple cabin available on that ship. You'll probably get the best available inside (no window) cabin, which could be anywhere from the Riviera (most probable, and what you paid for) Deck, to the Main Deck, to the Upper Deck, to the Empress Deck (least likely). The Elation is an older ship (about 15 years old), and doesn't have the multi-balcony cabins that CCL's newer ships have. Only balconies are in the Cat. 11 and 12 Suite categories. I would bet that you're going to get the smaller cabin with the upper bunk, and be on the Riviera (lowest passenger) Deck, since you're cruising during Spring Break. Hope you have a great time!!
Old March 13th, 2004, 11:28 PM
elationismyship

Thanks diverdiver . . . . they could put us in the supply closet at this point . . . we just want to be on that ship!!! Would be nice to have the upper berth but if not, won't ruin our trip!